What's new

Netbooks vs Laptops

Fatih

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have 2 laptops, and a netbook. Which do you prefer? I like the laptop when I'm at home, but when I'm traveling or at school; the netbook is awesome.

I have 2 laptops, and a netbook. Which do you prefer? I like the laptop when I'm at home, but when I'm traveling or at school; the netbook is awesome.
Same here, I travel often, and thats when I take my netbook. And I use my laptop at home only.

Netbooks can't handle the multitasking I do. I've got a small 14' laptop that has enough horse power to play games such as the Sims 3 and the first call of duty: modern warfare. Portable and has juice, I see no need for a netbook.

Netbooks can't handle the multitasking I do. I've got a small 14' laptop that has enough horse power to play games such as the Sims 3 and the first call of duty: modern warfare. Portable and has juice, I see no need for a netbook.
Yea laptops are not build for gaming, my regular laptop is great for gaming although im not a PC gamer. But my netbook can multitask very well, I have installed windows 7 ultimate on it, and its runs fine with no problems, it came with windows 7 starter (Worst windows 7 version)

Once netbooks can play HD movies at ease, then I'd consider it, and I doubt it can do that yet. I'm one of those slackers that opens up my laptop in class and watch movies instead of take notes. :rolleyes:

Once netbooks can play HD movies at ease, then I'd consider it, and I doubt it can do that yet. I'm one of those slackers that opens up my laptop in class and watch movies instead of take notes. :rolleyes:
lol, most netbooks dont even have cd drives, you would have to download movies.

Right now I am using my laptop, I prefer a laptop over a netbook...

Laptops for me, have been toying with a netbook for a while, but I don't like the small screens. Also my laptop is pretty light so why spend more money?

Laptops for me, have been toying with a netbook for a while, but I don't like the small screens. Also my laptop is pretty light so why spend more money?
Im used to small screens as I use my netbook often.

i prefer laptop over the netbook. because i am a gamer. i think netbook is for those people who are into travelling or those who needs a more compact size pc for their place. one of the best features of a laptop is with regards to its capability of playing high quality games like NBA, GTA, Call of Duty etc.

i prefer laptop over the netbook. because i am a gamer. i think netbook is for those people who are into travelling or those who needs a more compact size pc for their place. one of the best features of a laptop is with regards to its capability of playing high quality games like NBA, GTA, Call of Duty etc.
I agree, and you gotta love GTA!

I've got a good battery life laptop which is decently small (13") so it substitutes for any netbook.

Laptop, My fingers seem to be too big for a netbook :(

like me then, you have butter fingers and press the wrong keys all the time, lol
yeah happens all the time when i'm typing on stuff with small keys, like my blackberry for example

Back