What's new

New Gear for Beginner

Thunder said:
I can stand directly in front of my speakers and sing without feedback as well, that has to do with gain structure and speaker placement.

proper gain settings absolutely make a big difference. it is kinda fun to ignore placement and walk up to the speaker pointing the mic right at it, no ring until i get within 2 feet or so. perhaps good for beginners not familiar with proper gain setting, almost fool proof.

Paradigm Karaoke said:
proper gain settings absolutely make a big difference. it is kinda fun to ignore placement and walk up to the speaker pointing the mic right at it, no ring until i get within 2 feet or so.

Of course they do. But in my mind "two feet or so" and "directly in front of" are two different things.

c. staley said:
If you truly believe that, then you are far less knowledgeable about sound than I've given you credit for.

And I shall weep openly for hours, as your opinions mean SO much to me. :laughpill:

Um....opinions on speakers are just that- opinions. All subjective. really no need for ick from pro or con, is there? :rolleyespill:

I don't like 'em for karaoke, and Joker loves em'. No problem between us. Next......

Bazza said:
Of course they do. But in my mind "two feet or so" and "directly in front of" are two different things.

i meant 2 feet pointed directly at the voice coil, straight on in front.

eh, to each his own, some dig it, some dont. Joe is right, we should move on.

When I say "directly in front of" I mean close enough to touch.

Back