What's new

New IE9 preview features more speed, standards support

Teekay

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Wired.co.uk said:
Microsoft has released the first update to its Internet Explorer 9 preview. The latest release brings some speed improvements, more standards support, and more hardware acceleration for the browser’s HTML5 features.

To take the new IE9 for a spin, head over to Microsoft’s IETestDrive site and download a copy today. We’ve been testing it for a few hours, and here’s what we’ve noticed.

The best news in this release is that IE9 has already made some significant speed improvements since the first developer preview earlier this year. For example, IE 9 is now on par with Safari, Google Chrome and Opera on the Sunspider JavaScript test, which attempts to measure how a browser will perform on JavaScript-heavy sites such as Gmail and Facebook.

Although IE9 is still not the fastest browser when it comes to rendering JavaScript, the difference between it and the competition is small enough that you’re unlikely to notice any difference on real world sites.
More Info: Click here

I don't think it will be anywhere as good as Firefox or Google Chrome. They keep making newer versions but hardly change much. I will still be Google Chrome.

i dont really like IE and tend to use firefox, so i am not that bothered about the new update.....

kool now it will be faster alot
quicker for me then

there will still probably be a few bugs needing to be sorted out like all the previous IEs

lolIE

IE sucks. Alot. I bet you can still go to youareaidiot.org and get that IE virus.

I hate IE but If i needed to, it is ok sometimes

i only use it on computers which only have IE installed, otherwise its firefox

I don't even know why Microsoft hasn't fixed that youareaidiot.org thing. o_O

Stupid people. They need to pay more attention to the problems with their programs.

Back