What's new

New Metroid Title to be Shown at E3

OutlawShadow

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
This is awesome news:

From GamerzGoop Forums
April 25, 2003 - IGNcube today learned that the GameCube sequel to Metroid Prime will be unveiled for the first time at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2003, which begins May 14 in Los Angeles. Sources allege that the title will not be playable, but instead on display via a short video teaser clip shown by Nintendo.
Metroid Prime, last year's 3D first-person action-adventure, was hailed as one of the best games this generation by critics and went on to sell more than one million units worldwide. The title starred long-time franchise heroine Samus Aran, decked out in full body suit, and traveled her through an immense planet populated by dangerous alien entities. The game, though updated to use a first-person view, successfully retained the classic explorative feel of the series.

Developer Retro Studios has allegedly been pumping away on the sequel for several months. Insiders indicate that Nintendo originally hoped to release the follow-up later this year, but under reconsideration a 2004 date has been penciled in.

We contacted Nintendo of America for official comment, but the company did not return our phone calls for publish.

This is awesome news for anyone who liked Metroid Prime, and I'm sure there's quite a few of us here who did.

I thought Metroid Prime was alright. Saying that it will be pushed to a first-person view would make it much better. So thats a smart move on their part, I think ..

The original Metroid Prime for the Gamecube was first-person. :|

Sounds awesome. Although I never finished MP due to being hooked on PSO and getting a new game every week for the last few months, what I played was awesome. I think I was 30% through the game.

*crosses fingers* please have one for the gba please have one for the gba.....

DUDE THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!

Man, I still haven't finshed Metroid Prime, mostly because of lazyness, but still this next game, if its even about 10% better than Prime thats enough for me, can;t wait.

I have played MP, it's pretty cool. Hopefully this sequel can reach everyones expectations.

and theres another good reason to get a gamecube... gota start saving money!

Back