What's new

New Sleeping Pill on the Market

ANGLOIRISH said:
Don't get me wrong. I believe everyone should see the movie, it is just that I don't like it. Not because of the gay aspect, I just didn't see that it required such hype.

I agree, but think about it how many movies do you see out where the main characters are gay? I don't include independent films since they are not really mainstream.

Desert Hearts and Les Cage aux folles are two well done gay movies.

Torch Song Trilogy, In And Out, In the Glooming, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Love! Valour! and Compassion!, Philadelphia, The Broken Hearts Club....and I could go on....these are all main stream gay movies....and this doesn't include the lesbian ones.

Don't forget the Birdcage, but other than the one I just stated I never heard of other big movies that had gay main characters.

The Crying Game, As Good As It Gets, The Next Best Thing, Victor Victoria, To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything!,The Deep End, Kiss Me Guido, The Object of my Affection, Relax its Just Sex, All Over The Guy....now for the Lesbian movies!!

Some of those movie names sound familiar, guess I never found anything special about them and never watched them.

Wild Side, Boys On the Side, If These Walls Could Talk 2, Monster, All Over Me, Kissing Jessica Stein, ShowGirls, Fire, BarGirls, Lost and Delirious, Boys Don't Cry, Fried Green Tomatoes.

Hey I have the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes". I didn't know it was a gay movie.

Yes the relationship between the characters Idgie Threadgoode (Mary Stuart Masterson) and Ruth Jamison (Mary-Louise Parker). It isn't screaming gay at you, but it is there, if you pay attention to their relationship.

I LOVE that movie!! :thumbsup:

You would like Desert Hearts. I saw it years ago when a friend of mine was the owner of a video store and I could watch all the movies for free. It was well made.

I have it...got it at Xmas at Wal-Mart (of all places) on DVD for under $8. I have seen it before. It reminds me of Brokeback Mountain on some level.

I didn't know it was out in DVD. I haven't seen it since '91.

There are many tastefully done movies on ****. Some I own and had no idea they were gay!

BabyBuddha said:
Wild Side, Boys On the Side, If These Walls Could Talk 2, Monster, All Over Me, Kissing Jessica Stein, ShowGirls, Fire, BarGirls, Lost and Delirious, Boys Don't Cry, Fried Green Tomatoes.

The only two that even sound familiar are "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Kissing Jessican Stein" I probably never saw them just the commericals. Wasn't Kissing Jessica Stein only like shown on HBO or one of those movie channels?

Back