What's new

new update

Jeni, do you think there are other facts not being told to you, if the PD thinks it's a lock that he'll be found guilty? Maybe DH is so nervous he's just going along with the PD?

What did he say in the interrogation? Before agreeing to anything, I suggest you demand that video and do not take no for an answer from anyone. As the wife and mother to his child, I wouldn't back down anymore and accept your DH decision without knowing full details of everything. I know this is very traumatic for you. I couldn't think of how you feel and are now looked at, especially with the impending guilty plea.

This is off topic from that, but since sadly you now have to be everything for your little boy do you think once he goes in, you can start your lives in the new city since you have to get a job etc?

My heart goes out to you. I think I would have started packing to go with my mom at the new house (that isn't even bought yet) and tell DH to call me when he gets out.

True, a wife cannot be forced to testify against a husband, but if she's in the room while discussing the case, anything her husband says to her, and anything she says, is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Im going to address the last part first. I am not going anywhere without Pat. Why? 2 reasons, One because I dont have the money to move(no savings, everything has been depleted) and 2, I wont go without Pat. Since we are choosing to not go with my parents to Colorado, there is no reason to jump ship...yet. We did find a city we want to live in, and there are numerous job opportunities, but I do not have the funds for deposit and first month's rent anyway.

Secondly, Pat has NOT made any decisions, and wont make any without me. He has told this to me several times, and I trust and believe him. We are meeting with the PD and the CA on Friday morning.

Thirdly, if the PD would have allowed me to be in the room with them while talking, I would have. Pat is mentally exhausted and has said several times that he fears he is missing something that the PD says, and thats why he DOES want me there. PD wont allow me in there. I will make comment to Pat that he can waive that. The last 2 phone converstations between Pat and the PD were made while Pat was on break at work, so I couldnt be there. I was on speakerphone when the PD laughed as Pat asked if there was a video of the interrogations. I plan on asking the PD and CA about the video on Friday, regardless of whether the plea is accepted or not. I know Pat has the right to see it. I think that since Pat asked about it, the PD is acting funny because he knows that the video and the police report are not the same. Thats purely my opinion tho.

Right. Two totally different things, but at the end of the day - no info can be made to hurt the defendant/spouse.

Attorney-client privilege and marital privilege are based on private conversations between the two people. A third party being present eliminates the protection.

Oh, btw we have had cases that my boss has made up a separate retainer for the family member just to put them at ease about attorney client privilege because they weren't convinced that they couldn't testify against their spouse. So they signed a retainer, so the attorney has client/attorney priv. to both. But the PD won't do that.

Back