What's new

NFL network done with Sapp

dissn_it

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
NFL Network will not renew Warren Sapp's contract when it expires in August of this year and they have reduced his appearances since the Shockey comments. Do you think the NFL Network is doing the right thing?

Man, this guy is in all sorts of hot water now. Filing bankruptcy, losing his job. When it rains, it pours.

Things have been pretty tough for Sapp lately. He should be able to get another job though from someone.

NO! I loved Sapp and Irvin always cracking jokes they actually made that pre game show watchable. Why is he getting in trouble for voicing his opinion? isn't that what NFL analylists get paid to do? I hate that just becuase a network doesn't like what opinion their casters have they censer them.

NO! I loved Sapp and Irvin always cracking jokes they actually made that pre game show watchable. Why is he getting in trouble for voicing his opinion? isn't that what NFL analylists get paid to do? I hate that just becuase a network doesn't like what opinion their casters have they censer them.

Welcome to the media world my friend. Pathetic isn't it?

The NFL Network is a business and it looks like they are cutting their losses. It is crazy that Sapp is bankrupt after making all that money. It would be nice if they could stick by their players when they are down, but as a business, anything that may bring them down, they are distancing themselves from.

Who said he was getting in trouble for "voicing his opinions?"

He told a LIE that hurt someone else's reputation, and he did that as a member of NFL networks. If members of ESPN or any other news organizations started making stuff up and passing it off as news, you better believe they'd be let go as well.

This was the correct move by the NFL Network if it was purely for "journalistic reasons". But one has to wonder if it was a business decision. The NFL network is already in bed with the NFL, but I don't want them sleeping any closer together.

Who said he was getting in trouble for "voicing his opinions?"

He told a LIE that hurt someone else's reputation, and he did that as a member of NFL networks. If members of ESPN or any other news organizations started making stuff up and passing it off as news, you better believe they'd be let go as well.

lol normally, I'd agree with your statement. But when you have networks like FOX news out there that make a point of spreading lies and misinformation.....

lol normally, I'd agree with your statement. But when you have networks like FOX news out there that make a point of spreading lies and misinformation.....

I should've said *credible news. The NFL network is not known for spreading false info. What Sapp did could get him in legal trouble, it's more than voicing his opinion.

Not surprised that Sapp will not have his contract renewed. It's one thing to voice your opinion, and that's what makes a good Sports Analyst. However, the Shockey comment, basically calling him a snitch, was really inappropriate and Warren really had no proof. That's not what will cost him his job, but it's an accumulation of bad decisions. If you recall, before the 2011 Super Bowl (may have been 2010, not sure) he almost got himself in serious trouble with the law behind a woman who he supposedly had some type of altercation with. The Network sort of let him slide on that one. Unfortunately, those guys have to walk a rather thin line to keep their high-profile jobs.

Not surprised that Sapp will not have his contract renewed. It's one thing to voice your opinion, and that's what makes a good Sports Analyst. However, the Shockey comment, basically calling him a snitch, was really inappropriate and Warren really had no proof. That's not what will cost him his job, but it's an accumulation of bad decisions. If you recall, before the 2011 Super Bowl (may have been 2010, not sure) he almost got himself in serious trouble with the law behind a woman who he supposedly had some type of altercation with. The Network sort of let him slide on that one. Unfortunately, those guys have to walk a rather thin line to keep their high-profile jobs.

I totally forgot about that one as well! Thanks for the reminder, just another reason to not like the guy.

Well ****, I didn't know about that. Seems like they were protecting him until they eventually said enough was enough then.

Word of advice. Never hire a guy who says this about their past employer.

“It’s a slave system,” Sapp said at the time. “Slave master says you can’t do it, don’t do it. They’ll make an example out of you.”

To: DomePatrol

Not trying to sound "holier than thou" and I do realize this is a sports forum, but you might want to be careful with the word "hate." There's nothing good about it at all and it tends to have a boomerang effect.

Your words, whether written or spoken, have power. Whatever you say or do toward another, good or bad, you're basically doing to yourself. If you don't believe that, live long enough and you will find out the veracity of this statement.

To: DomePatrol

Not trying to sound "holier than thou" and I do realize this is a sports forum, but you might want to be careful with the word "hate." There's nothing good about it at all and it tends to have a boomerang effect.

Your words, whether written or spoken, have power. Whatever you say or do toward another, good or bad, you're basically doing to yourself. If you don't believe that, live long enough and you will find out the veracity of this statement.

I get what you're trying to say, but I think you're taking the word "hate" too literally.

I despise Sapp as a human being.

There. :D

Back