What's new

Nintendo DS

yeah

the only drawback seems to be that you can complete it fast. but getting all the high scores will take a looong time if you like to complete 100%

Well I'll be sure to check it out.Oh yeah I got ploriam And I can't put it down I... I... I. I tried to put it down but but I can't stop I haven't slept I even mixed my all nite drink(coffe extra sugar,Coke,And jolt)I just can't stop I haven't even took my shower(still brush teeth) can't blink use all my eyedrops .I still post but I'm hooked someone anyone HELPPPPPPPPP.

yeahhh

LOL. sounds like lumines. my mate has that says its totally addictive. i'll prolly get it next in fact.

lumines... not... good... make... brain... go... dumb... save... self.Oh and I tried mercury its awesome a good choose.

yeah

yeah lol but it gets so friggin hard at the end.

I'm currently thinking of the PSP, but I have trouble buying Sony products because of moral issues. The Dreamcast always had a more powerful graphics processor than the PS2 in many respects, mainly full scene anti aliasing and ease of programming (It accepted OpenGL/Direct3D), and looked infinitely better. Of course, the masses are asses, and chose the PS2. The PS2 CAN, however, render 75 million polygons per second - In Atari Jaguar mode. Flat shaded graphics and no textures there - It can render 12 million with full details enabled - and the Dreamcast can do 7, not to mention the the DC's NEC PowerVR 2 GPU multitexures much faster and can be made even faster with the aid of the Hitachi SH-4's triangle setup engine.

PS2 never even really was a very advanced console - the specs were overhyped, as was the PS1. The PS1 claimed to process 1,000 million instructions per second, and a 75MHz Pentium could just push 50.

It could never even compete with the Pentium. MIPS is no longer a valid measurement of speed for obvious reasons - there really is no control between architectures.

On the other hand, their console reliability is so poor it's on par with a Yugo. It seems to me like a cheap way to push extra units and inflate install base numbers - So you get a moral slap to the face and an investment that punches you in the gut.

Ethics + Reliability = No Sony for me.

God!

i don't believe your talkings about ethics! its a games machine man, its there so you have fun! truthfully tho, altho the DC could do better graphics the ps2 can now do much better plus it has better games. If you've got the money, get the psp for god's sake don't worry about morals!

Hey if the dude wants a DS let him get it.

umm...

huh? i dunno if he wants a ds, no ones asked him. he said he's thinking about psp but won't get one cause of 'ethics' :terrified

I bought a NintendoDS the day it released. Overall this handheld is really cool, good graphics, nice functions, super games, and more! The only thing i dislike are the controls, many 3D games can only be controlled using the Touch Screen, not the smoothest controlls for that case.

WRONG!!! :mad: The DS have different control settings but if you ask me I rather use the stylus.:)

Yeah, it also has a little D-Pad that works great with 2D games. but I really need a control stick for 3D in my option. But that all doesn't matter. In general the DS is one of the best handhelds ever!

I agree so since you love rayman I guess you have rayman DS how is it how? do you use the touch screen?

Yes, i have RaymanDS. You can play it with the touch screen or with the D-Pad, but both controls aren't the best options for the game. This is the same for SM64DS, the touch screen and D-Pad just aren't the controls for 3D games. But like i said that all doesn't matter how good the DS is, a game like Yoshi's Touch and Go plays like a real DS game. It makes good use with the DS functions.

:rolleyes:

TingEater said:
Yes, i have RaymanDS. You can play it with the touch screen or with the D-Pad, but both controls aren't the best options for the game. This is the same for SM64DS, the touch screen and D-Pad just aren't the controls for 3D games. But like i said that all doesn't matter how good the DS is, a game like Yoshi's Touch and Go plays like a real DS game. It makes good use with the DS functions.

:rolleyes:

Oh man, I haven't played Rayman in YEARS! I rented Rayman 2 like four times on the Dreamcast and LOVED IT! I tried to rent it more but GD-ROM discs are fragile as hell and people enjoy using them as hockey pucks...True story.

No wonder Blockbuster phased out rentals after the N64.

Back