What's new

Nissan Versa: Note-worthy fuel economy gains

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score

2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback has dropped 320 pounds and downsized to a 1.6-liter from a 1.8-liter engine to achieve 35 mpg combined.

With improved fuel economy on its agenda, Nissan has stripped some 302 pounds from its 2012 Versa, updated its continuously variable transmission, put in a smaller engine and added some aerodynamics.
The result? The 2014 Versa Note hatchback with continuously variable transmission is rated at 35 miles per gallon combined city/highway fuel economy, 31 miles per gallon city and 40 miles per gallon highway.
Nissan senior manager of product planning John Curl says in addition to an overall weight loss, this latest Versa is powered by a small four-cylinder engine (1.6-liter versus a 1.8-liter in its 2012 counterpart) with dual fuel injection.
“Dual port-injected fuel injection is very unusual,” Curl says. “It creates smaller droplets of gas for a more efficient burn.”

Read more http://cars.chicagotribune.com/fuel-efficient/news/chi-nissan-versa-note-fuel-economy-20130715

It's quite a good mileage. But with some minimal changes you can improve the gas mileage on pretty much any car.
It can be done in two steps. 1st - reprogram your engine computer to fuel saving mode. This will make it less powerful, but you will notice the difference in $ on the gas.
2nd is a mechanical thing - install a new air intake with a new filter for more colder air and better efficiency.
That's what I am referring to: http://www.carid.com/articles/can-air-intake-system-also-increase-my-fuel-economy.html

Looks ok but I'm still pissed off they got rid of the Xterra. It was one of the best vehicles Nissan had.

I own a Nissan Versa. It's a very good car to have, especially if you don't want something that will cost you an arm and a leg every time you go to the gas station. That was the main reason why I got one.

I own a Nissan Versa. It's a very good car to have, especially if you don't want something that will cost you an arm and a leg every time you go to the gas station. That was the main reason why I got one.
What does it cost you to fill it if you only have a 1/4 of a tank of gas left?

Back