No of hostings you used

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
For general chat i used around 2 hostings, first it was hosted in a free hosting site. Then moved to paid one and for the rest of the site i use the same hosting and i am happy with it.

I have used only one hosting for all my forums till now, which is hawkhost.. been happy with them for the last 1.5 years.

Great to know that Pro, your site loads fast and never saw it go down..

Yeah Pro your hosting is great and i never faced issues with it.

bugara1 said:
For my forum i use a paid hosting!

Hmm and what hosting do you use?

Well , i was going to purchase hosting from UZRhosting but then a staff member told me that he has his own paid hosting and he wouldn't mind me using it! the hosting is empirehostings.com.

My latest forum is on paid hosting. I put it on my VPS, and it has worked pretty well. The decision was one that I felt would not hold back my website as it grows, and that's always a good feeling.

I've used free hosting, and generally you'll be lucky if your account doesn't get suspended haha. I've had that happen numerous times, and it's not really worth it. I've also used dreamhost, and they have a lot of nice features, but their servers are very slow, so I wouldn't really recommend them either.

Nice to hear that Darth. So the VPS hosting is cool and you haven't had a downtime?

As far as downtime, that depends on the provider. I use Ramnode and have yet to have one minute of downtime, as far as I know. Of course I've only been with them for two months, but that's still not bad.

Great..But VPS is needed for a big project right correct me if i am wrong..

Big Project like Google, Facebook etc..

You'd never use a VPS for something like Google or Facebook. Those are two companies that own their own datacenters, and a VPS wouldn't cut it.

VPSs are good for websites that need more than what shared hosting can provide but don't need a full dedicated server. Large forums or blogs are often put on VPSs.

Hmm now i got it..Thanks for making it clear

For general chat i used around 2 hostings, first it was hosted in a free hosting site. Then moved to paid one and for the rest of the site i use the same hosting and i am happy with it.

Nice sharing ...I have hosted my business website through one provider and haven't changed to other one yet ...I have hosted my sites through providers named as XnYnZ.com their hosting plan starts at cost of $5.99 per month and varies depending upon disk space ,bandwidth and so on ...They also provide good customer service and support .Yet now i haven't faced any problems with them so i didn't think of changing to other provider ....

Back