What's new

Noelle's 40th Birthday Gig Log

jokerswild

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We had a lot of fun with this group....

While the turn out wasn't as grand as the event itself those that did come had a great time.

The theme was Moulin Rouge. All of the decorations were done my the birthday girl as well as the birthday cupcakes. For entertainment we had Performance Dancers, a sketch artist and of course yours truly for karaoke and DJ entertainment.

As guests arrived we played the movie sound track then during dinner I put on the movie for them and took a break to eat some Nelson's Golden Glow.... yum...

After dinner we had our first set with the performance dancers and the sketch artist started sketching people.... yes I did have a sketch done and if I can scan it I will post it here.

We then played some music to give our dancers a chance to change costumes and catch their breath.... and then on to their second set.

Then we started the karaoke... we only had 5 singers including myself and not a whole lot of interest beyond the first rotation so we just went back to playing music while the guests caught up with one another at the tables... not a whole lot of dancing beyond that but lots of smiles in the crowd.

I'd post my play list but it was such a hodge podge of stuff that I don't think it would make sense plus I haven't figured out how to pull a play list from Karma yet. Next time I do a combo event like this I wont bother with Karma since the advanced features specific to karaoke really weren't adhered to.

I was very impressed with how the mic sounded and performed..... the pickup on it was fantastic no one had to eat the mic in order to be heard... just something you don't get with cheap mics.... The Super 55 did a "Super" job!

While we didn't have many singers.... the other entertainment was great!

sounds like a great birthday fest too me ...love your new partner...I REALLY want one of thoose mic's...will have to put it on my birthday wish list : )

JoeChartreuse said:
You DID end up buying it! Good for you. VERY cool!

You'll hate me when you hear what I paid..... $192 delivered.... used only as a prop for a photo shoot.

now that's good shopping Jokerswild........way to go!!!!!!

The same seller has one more and if I had the scratch I'd itch it... I mean get it.

Back