What's new

Now that we all have time to rest...

I currently reading

We need to talk about Kevin--posted about it before--just started really reading it last week

WOW anyone read it?? creepy stuff

scary how messed up some people can be

okay okay it's fiction but still!!

I love to read. I'm a speed reader & can usually read a book a day.I love to read most everything. From bios on.I have the most awesome library & get everything new & can pick it up at the drive -thru.

My fave writers are:
Lora Leigh
Lisa Jackson
Sarah Mccarthy

I used to like Stephen King but he hasn't written a good book since that terrible accident where he was almost killed.

I'm a member at www.paperbackswap.com where i get the books that my library doesn't have(all the trashy erotica).

Our book club just finished "Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabeth Strout.
Everyone (6 of us) really liked it. It is written more like a series of
short stories with Olive's character running thru it. I'm a Malcolm
Gladwell fan, favs are: "Blink" and "The Tipping Point".

My favorite is Rachel Gibson. I also like Susan Donovan, Elaine Fox, Susan Mallery, Lori Foster, Linda Howard, Suzanne Brockmann's Trouble Shooter series. I've been having trouble finding new authors lately though. I read a lot of bad books, then finally find an author I like only to discover they've only written 6 or 8 books.

Has anyone read Heartsick by Chelsea Cain?

It's a thriller from page one
devil.gif

Not what you'd expect for a "cookiemom" book.... just saying

The Bible.

The storm this morning had me thinking Jesus was coming to get me!
Lightening hit my building at work... I about pooped myself! It was crazy loud & it sounded like the electricity was gonna jump out of the wall and get me!

Maybe we all needsta brush up on the good word... Talk about a thriller. :giggles:

The Bible.

The storm this morning had me thinking Jesus was coming to get me!
Lightening hit my building at work... I about pooped myself! It was crazy loud & it sounded like the electricity was gonna jump out of the wall and get me!

Maybe we all needsta brush up on the good word... Talk about a thriller. :giggles:
Great suggestion Georgie, my preist just suggested to a friend of mine that she read Mathew 5. So I opened it up to see what is was and it probably applies to everyone. I've never read the bible, just bits and pieces here and there but I've been listening to a radio program that does a lot of scripture discussion and at least dont feel so overwhelmed now.
they say start with John then Mathew, Mark and Luke, before even starting on the rest.
Anyway I think Im going to set it on the counter and try to take 5 everyday

I like Follett, too - Freedom is a good read. I'll look for the sequel to Pillars. I like Caleb Carr's The Alienist. If you like military history, the Sharpe Series by Bernard Cornwell is top notch. PBS runs the movies based on the books. Sean Bean=Yummy

I am reading The Faith Club and though I am really finding it interesting, I keep saying to myself that I want MORE opinions on what they are discussing in the book - especially Barb's

Back