What's new

Official Weightlifting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cougs4bcs

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
This thread is designated for people to post about their daily lifting accomplishments, problems, questions, etc. No question is too stupid to be answered!

Anyways, worked my back today. No deadlifts as I'm getting over an injury, but I did do weighted pullups, rows, rack pulls, curls, and a few other lifts.

What did you to today?

Today's my day off from the gym :cool:

But it sounds like you had a good workout today. Good luck with your lifting goals of 2012 and please stay safe, when doing deadlifts!

Today's my day off from the gym :cool:

But it sounds like you had a good workout today. Good luck with your lifting goals of 2012 and please stay safe, when doing deadlifts!

This, it's my day off too.

I'd also like to offer some advice, if I may:

1. Always take a multi.
2. Use Cell-Tech for great results, I use it and have added a considerable amount of muscle in a very short period of time.

And as M83 said, please, stay safe.

For the longest time, I would bench, squat, and row every workout. I have gotten the best results from doing that. Most times I would include pull-ups too. I have a good physique from those, in addition to my routine.

Also, I'm aware.

Bodybuilding is a lot of fun. I feel bad for the people with severe medical conditions (a bad back and knees, for example) who don't can't lift even if they want to.

For the longest time, I would bench, squat, and row every workout. I have gotten the best results from doing that. Most times I would include pull-ups too. I have a good physique from those, in addition to my routine.

Also, I'm aware.

Make sure you are taking your multi and lifting heavy. ;)

I supplement with riding bicycles, cell tech, and a multi. Creatine, not even once.

I haven't been on my regular schedule lately. Now I have switched to mainly running and cardio to try and lose some weight.

If you are trying to lose weight, use the calories in calories out formula. Just start eating less, taking out carbohydrates. You'll be lean in no time. It's very easy to do.

If you are trying to lose weight, use the calories in calories out formula. Just start eating less, taking out carbohydrates. You'll be lean in no time. It's very easy to do.

This, I find it hilarious when people fall for "low-fat" products and the like. You can lose weight eating McDonald's everyday and you can get fat if you eat too much chicken and rice.

Calories in vs. calories out.

Today was abs for me. It's my least favorite workout of all. I've felt a bit under the weather this week also so my energy was really low. I've been drinking tons of water to try and feel better and get my energy up. I think I need to stop getting yucky with the boys on the weekends, it dehydrates me.

I am glad people are aware of weightlifting. It is a key component to stay safe and always take a multiple vitamin. When I lift weights, my Proboscis monkey watches me. I've had him as a pet for a few years and he's very cheeky. Always maintain your reputation as a good weightlifter. Remember to stay safe, everyone.

How do you get motivated to weightlift? I want to enjoy it but it's just one of the most boring things in the world to me. I'm trying P90x to gain some muscle but I can't find motivation to take an hour out of my day to do this.

How do you get motivated to weightlift? I want to enjoy it but it's just one of the most boring things in the world to me. I'm trying P90x to gain some muscle but I can't find motivation to take an hour out of my day to do this.

My motivation is basically to have a nice physique. If I go a few days without working out I start to feel a little disappointed in myself and want to get back to exercising.

I also find that my preworkout drink gives me energy, which is motivating. Once i drink it I've basically committed myself to a workout.

Just starting to go again with a buddy, still deciding on a routine

A trainer at my school told me about the HST program. It's a program where you do a 3 day split, but doing the same (more or less) exercises every single workout, but only for 1 set. This way you stimulate the muscles, and they continue to develop.
Sounds interesting, I might go for it soon.

My motivation is basically to have a nice physique. If I go a few days without working out I start to feel a little disappointed in myself and want to get back to exercising.

I also find that my preworkout drink gives me energy, which is motivating. Once i drink it I've basically committed myself to a workout.

That's my motivation to do it when I do it. I usually can make it 3-4 times a week which is better then nothing I guess. I'm just worried if doing P90x which is suppose to be done every day, that if taking a few days off will effect it a lot. I just want to gain 20 pounds or so of muscle by May.

I'm going to train chest, shoulders, triceps and quads today. Looking forward to it. Does anyone else feel a better contraction when benching on a Smith Machine as compared to regular barbell bench press?

BTW, rate this thread 5 stars, guys.

MMA, are you mad that I actually ate mcdonalds today and fit it into my macros? are you admiring my diet plan?

Minnesota: p90x is bogus. just squat, deadlift, and bench your way to success. also, eat a ton. You think you are eating a lot now, but try upping your calorie intake by about 350 daily and you'll start loving weight lifting.

today sucked though, i didnt have time to lift. i hate days like this... all i want to do is pick things up and put them back down

I stopped lifting weights to work on my basketball skills, but I've quit the league I was playing in. The team I was on were seriously scrubs. We got blown out by over 20 points tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back