What's new

Official Weightlifting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMA, are you mad that I actually ate mcdonalds today and fit it into my macros? are you admiring my diet plan?

Haha, no, I'm not mad. I think it's cool that you've figured out how to successfully fit fast food into your macros. Most people don't want to take the time to sit down and figure out the calories/macros in what they eat and end up making sub-par progress.

My diet was complete crap and I would still be single digit body fat. I tried to keep my carbohydrates low, and I would train hard.

Haha, no, I'm not mad. I think it's cool that you've figured out how to successfully fit fast food into your macros. Most people don't want to take the time to sit down and figure out the calories/macros in what they eat and end up making sub-par progress.

haha, but are you aware?

For a little guy, that's an impressive lift. Then again, look at his range of motion. Does his body even produce more work than that of a taller person?

For a little guy, that's an impressive lift. Then again, look at his range of motion. Does his body even produce more work than that of a taller person?

Yeah, his range of motion was just around 12 inches. You may have seen this video already.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ptVrk4vo8"]1100lbs deadlift[/ame]

His range of motion isn't that great either, but it's still very impressive. Also, I find it amazing how high he can jump, considering that he's such a big guy.

The bar is also very high up. Either way, both those lifts are insane. I will never be able to pull that weight. I don't really plan on it either.

The bar is also very high up. Either way, both those lifts are insane. I will never be able to pull that weight. I don't really plan on it either.

Me neither. I train for hypertrophy, not strength. I still find these videos inspirational, though.

Me neither. I train for hypertrophy, not strength. I still find these videos inspirational, though.

I'm more impressed with body weight strength feats. I train for size and looks, I want to look like I workout.

The deadlift is not a range of motion exercise, it is a power movement. When lifting the heaviest possible weight, the shortest range of motion is ideal.

I really need to get into my groove. I use to body build, and I quit to play more basketball. I need to learn how to manage the two.

I really need to get into my groove. I use to body build, and I quit to play more basketball. I need to learn how to manage the two.

You can build a strong, lean physique by using weights in conjunction with basketball. Basketball is an explosive sport and it will keep you lean. You can still build muscle, but you need to be clever with your training, you need to use a minimalist weight lifting protocol, based on the basic movements.

This, I find it hilarious when people fall for "low-fat" products and the like. You can lose weight eating McDonald's everyday and you can get fat if you eat too much chicken and rice.

Calories in vs. calories out.

There's this certain amount of food that you eat and makes you full. So let's presume you eat till you are full with MC and with chicken and rice. Which will cost you more calories? I hope you got my point :)

Injured my previously broken wrist whilst incline benching today, I had surgery on it and it just locked up then give way halfway through my lift. I should've had a spotter because I nearly broke my neck haha.

Well I've been doing max today and I hit 260 on bench. Not bad for someone who isn't even a senior in high school yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back