What's new

ok bored and curious

Oh yeah, and locking up the cards 'cause we got more ECBs then it could handle. Even now I use a card in my husbands name, because the one in my name got 'locked up' and they had to convert it over for me to another card.

And that was a DARN good CVS Christmas! Digitial camera, movies, games, etc etc

my first year CVSing, i had 7 cards going at Black friday. I was not knowing if i was coming or going trying to keep that many cards in motion. and that black friday there was the $3/$15 PDF if i remember correctly. i "made" over 500 in ECBs between the cards that one day. donated $250 in toys to the homeless shelter. was BEAUTIFUL. and ALLOWED.

now I have 1 card for one store, 1 card for another. and that is all i care to manage or attempt. Now they have really really gotten strict about 1 card per family up here.

Well it all started for me with beer.

I figured out that if I bought 3-4 or 10 cases when it was on sale then I wouldn't need to buy it when it wasn't.
That also carried over to pop.
Then Miller put out a coupon book that had one in it for $5 off when you buy 2 pizzas and a 12 pack or larger, quick math 12 pack $5.99, Totinos Pizza $.98; I saw 2 12 packs $6. After my freezer was full I sold 30 pizzas to a guy from work for $20.
Then the rebates from the beer, I was like wow I can buy food and send in a receipt from the beer I was buying anyway and get the food for free.
Then I started using coupons on the food and still getting the rebates.
Ah, then the $4 off case tearpad @ Meijer and Jewel had Price Releif $10.99 and a free case of water, stack on $10 rebate for $10 water and case of beer and the fitness points on the water. :lol:

Should I not mention how many cards and ECBs I had and that I worked it to get milk, bread, butter, eggs, etc. free for so long?! On a good week, I'd stuff five gallons of milk in the fridge.

It's painful to pay for milk now, considering how much my husband drinks.

*moons you*

First big "deal" was visiting my mom & sister in South Dakota with my aunt & uncle two years ago. Aunt has always been big couponer. She was telling me about SuperJill's site the whole way there. We go to the Hy-Vee there, and they have towers & towers of Ziploc bags on sale 2 for $1, each box has a $1 on 2 coupon taped to it!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I bought "some" boxes every day. The last day of the sale, a manager was straightening the display and said to me "take all you'd like, last day of the sale and I still have cases & cases in the back. Oh if I had only known then what I know now! LOL

Came back from that trip, and Woodman's ran the same sale with the same coupons not long after. I didn't have to "buy" them again for a year and a half! :)

rocking awesome!

Well it all started for me with beer.

I figured out that if I bought 3-4 or 10 cases when it was on sale then I wouldn't need to buy it when it wasn't.
That also carried over to pop.
Then Miller put out a coupon book that had one in it for $5 off when you buy 2 pizzas and a 12 pack or larger, quick math 12 pack $5.99, Totinos Pizza $.98; I saw 2 12 packs $6. After my freezer was full I sold 30 pizzas to a guy from work for $20.
Then the rebates from the beer, I was like wow I can buy food and send in a receipt from the beer I was buying anyway and get the food for free.
Then I started using coupons on the food and still getting the rebates.
Ah, then the $4 off case tearpad @ Meijer and Jewel had Price Releif $10.99 and a free case of water, stack on $10 rebate for $10 water and case of beer and the fitness points on the water. :lol:

something rather sacriligious to me that Beer would lead the way to couponing nirvana! LOL I love it!

Oh yeah, and locking up the cards 'cause we got more ECBs then it could handle. Even now I use a card in my husbands name, because the one in my name got 'locked up' and they had to convert it over for me to another card.

And that was a DARN good CVS Christmas! Digitial camera, movies, games, etc etc
Yeah...I was so proud of my cards & ECBs! There was such a long receipt of them that I'd just roll them around each card and fasten it with a paper clip. I still have my own original (old!) card and one other. Good times.

Yeah...I was so proud of my cards & ECBs! There was such a long receipt of them that I'd just roll them around each card and fasten it with a paper clip. I still have my own original (old!) card and one other. Good times.

CVS holds my record for my longest reciept at 72 inches. LOL

LOL My oldest dd still talks about receipts (with ECBs ) that were so long they were taller then her.

I was stupid then though...digging around the back of the display for boxes without a coupon to go with the boxes that did have coupons (thinking well I don't need TWO coupons) UH DUH ON ME! lol

rocking awesome!

I was stupid then though...digging around the back of the display for boxes without a coupon to go with the boxes that did have coupons (thinking well I don't need TWO coupons) UH DUH ON ME! lol

oh the mistakes i made back in the early days that i cringe to just thnk about, the missed coupons and opportunities! if only i had known a LITTLE more! LOL

And stockpiling mentality.

I used to stockpile soda before i couponed. whenever pepsi or coke 2 liters went $1 or less. i would buy tons of it. was a total soda addict. so i suppose the stockpiling fundamentals were there for a long time
:lol:

mine was when I was trying my hardest to see how this coupon thing worked. I saw a lady on oprah...i think couponmom but I was only couponing from the hip so I would search on the net for HOURS to no avail. I went to Jewel and ran into a lady whose cart was SOOOO high that I honestly thought that she was putting stuff back on the shelves-LOL LOL!!! I went up to her (true story), and asked her if she was a "couponer"? She smiled and said, "yes"! I said " I read about your kind on the internet!" :lol::lol: she laughed too and I told her that I wanted to be like "her kind"! We talked in the aisle for over an hour and she gave me a lot of coupons. I said, no, save some for yourself-:lol:, of course I now know that couponers have multiple of everything! She then told me about this site and I can't believe my life (coupon wise), since then. I logged on here, became a member and soon read about a huge MM on meters at wags. That was Oct. 2009 and was my first MM! I then read that I can spend it at jewel because of their policy on MQ, I was able to turn 2 budgets into one just because I get all my toiletries (from wags) with the food budget and stay on tract. All the frees that we get as couponers are UNBELIEVABLE! Paying only tax for things? I mean, its hard to believe until you get into the game. Thanks again Andystowing, information is truly POWER:) Nice thread Sati!!!

mine was when I was trying my hardest to see how this coupon thing worked. I saw a lady on oprah...i think couponmom but I was only couponing from the hip so I would search on the net for HOURS to no avail. I went to Jewel and ran into a lady whose cart was SOOOO high that I honestly thought that she was putting stuff back on the shelves-LOL LOL!!! I went up to her (true story), and asked her if she was a "couponer"? She smiled and said, "yes"! I said " I read about your kind on the internet!" :lol::lol: she laughed too and I told her that I wanted to be like "her kind"! We talked in the aisle for over an hour and she gave me a lot of coupons. I said, no, save some for yourself-:lol:, of course I now know that couponers have multiple of everything! She then told me about this site and I can't believe my life (coupon wise), since then. I logged on here, became a member and soon read about a huge MM on meters at wags. That was Oct. 2009 and was my first MM! I then read that I can spend it at jewel because of their policy on MQ, I was able to turn 2 budgets into one just because I get all my toiletries (from wags) with the food budget and stay on tract. All the frees that we get as couponers are UNBELIEVABLE! Paying only tax for things? I mean, its hard to believe until you get into the game. Thanks again Andystowing, information is truly POWER:) Nice thread Sati!!!

thanks! I felt like a trip down memory lane to remember that special feeling again! I have been so burned out. But this thread is rejuvinating my coupon obsession! and i find it fascinating to hear about what brought others over to the coupon side.

I loved that meter deal. One of the Wags here special ordered for me and my shopping buddy. 20 meters each. let us each do 20 transactions. OHHHH MY GOD and then there was a toilet paper clearance going on too! DEAR LORD> :cartwheel:

I used to stockpile soda before i couponed. whenever pepsi or coke 2 liters went $1 or less. i would buy tons of it. was a total soda addict. so i suppose the stockpiling fundamentals were there for a long time
:lol:

My GF made a comment once about how :quotes: normal people :quotes: don't have a pallet of Mountain Dew and beer in the corner of their kitchen.

My GF made a comment once about how :quotes: normal people :quotes: don't have a pallet of Mountain Dew and beer in the corner of their kitchen.

:lol: then normal people are FOOLS!! LOL

I remember when i thought stockpilers were nuts, the ones with racks of carefully stored goods in a basement or garage.

yeah, I am not one of the nuts.

People at work think I'm a theif or something, like I've got connections that I can back my truck up to the back of the store and they just load me up.

People at work think I'm a theif or something, like I've got connections that I can back my truck up to the back of the store and they just load me up.

LOLOL

I have had some folks look at me funny about my stockpile. my MIL thinks we are a bit "touched" . she doesnt understand when i explain how little i have paid. she just cannot be convinced that we didnt WASTE money and that what i have cost less than had i bought only what we needed . ya know?

Back