What's new

Ok Extreme Couponing has REALLY got me pissed NOW!

rhonda

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I just saw a commercial for Extreme Couponing and I'm PISSED OFF!!! One of the 2 people featured was announcing she was buying 240 rolls of paper towels. I turned to look at it was a roll of Marcal Paper Towels she was holding up. I was like :hurt:

Here I sit and have to let some of my Marcal coupons expire because I'm not at the store that carries them enough to use them up in time since it's limit 1.

And here this lady sits and uses 240 ALL AT ONCE.

That's NOT FAIR! :pout: BULL ****IN ****!!!

Maybe they'll make her do 240 transactions. :giggles: Oh, wait, they won't because that would be boring....

They really need to make the show more realistic. I want to see an "extreme couponer" try to use 6 Curel coupons at once at my Target, while Nancy the Manager from Hell monitors her. :p

Next week is a kid in highschool :faint:

Clip shows him holding stayfree saying "these have wings. I don't even know what that means but it was free."

Second person next week buys 250 marcal pt.

You missed the other part of ad

It kills me too because they wave the rules for these people just for the notoriety... ANNOYING!

I must also say I have STILL never seen an episode of that stoopid **** show! :bowing:

Just use the u-scan at Woodman's. :9:

I always know when this show is on. I ALWAYS get a text from one of my friends, "could you help me with this couponing thing?", "I really need to learn how to be an extreme couponer", etc. I got 4 texts last night from 4 of my friends. They get all excited about the show and then it wears off till the next show then I get the call, "hey we never followed through with the couponing". What do you mean "WE?" I follow through with MY couponing just fine. It's annoying. And since I'm on a roll....Why is it that every one of these people on the show have the same **** reaction when they get thier total? "Well I didn't bring that much $ with me today" (looks at thier friend) "Did you?", "looks like you'll be doing dishes" or some other stupid comment...WHAT? If you've been doing this for more than a week, you're not worried cause you figured out what you're gonna pay before hand. AND....lastly...we don't all live in the land of doubles people!!! That concludes my rant for the day. Thank you.

All these new couponers ****ing piss me off. I just want it to go back to the way it was a few years ago. And this show totally takes the cake. Stupid!!

All these new couponers ****ing piss me off. I just want it to go back to the way it was a few years ago. And this show totally takes the cake. Stupid!!

How many years ago? :lol: I started about 2 years ago and I feel the same way you do!!! I hate the ones that watch this stupid show and think (here in IL) that someone is lying to them about coupons not doubling here. Or not figuring out how to or what to do until they get to the register and think its someone else fault for not doing thier homework. Well let me do it for you. NOT!!!

Wow...these hormones must be getting the best of me today:lol:.

I am on my way out the door to get dd from school but I've been meaning to link an article that was in the St Louis Post this Sunday by Jill. She states in the article that one of the stores on EC changed their policy just for the show and that everyday people cannot expect the same rules when they shop at that store. The store defended themselves by saying that they changed the policy for her because she was shopping to donate to charity.

I am on my way out the door to get dd from school but I've been meaning to link an article that was in the St Louis Post this Sunday by Jill. She states in the article that one of the stores on EC changed their policy just for the show and that everyday people cannot expect the same rules when they shop at that store. The store defended themselves by saying that they changed the policy for her because she was shopping to donate to charity.

So...the everyday shopper that's going to donate to charity can expect the same results? If the grocery store is making exceptions, they should make that disclaimer during the show IMHO. It's deceiving for the shopper who is interested in starting to coupon.

Small chain store looking for some publicity.

Just use the u-scan at Woodman's. :9:

You can but it won't help you cause the Marcal is 99c and the coupon is for $1.00. They u-scan person has to key in the amount and usually then sees the Limit One. :pout:

The store defended themselves by saying that they changed the policy for her because she was shopping to donate to charity.

Well I shop to donate sometimes too. So shouldn't I get those "special transactions" sometimes too.

You can but it won't help you cause the Marcal is 99c and the coupon is for $1.00. They u-scan person has to key in the amount and usually then sees the Limit One. :pout:

The ones in the past didn't beep for me there. :9: Hmmm........come to think of it, I've used them in the regular lines and none of the cashiers even read the coupon. ;)

The ones in the past didn't beep for me there. :9: Hmmm........come to think of it, I've used them in the regular lines and none of the cashiers even read the coupon. ;)

Well when you get get the toilet paper and it's 99c it's always going to beep since the coupon is $1.00. At least at the Woodman's I go to it does. Then the cashier has to enter in the 99c or $1.00. (which ever they choose to enter)

Now the Kleenex and paper towels are now more than a dollar so those would probably be ok. But I want/need the toilet paper.

I want to know how she didn't see that they charged her wrong on the mustard. I am always watching what I am being charged. She bought more than 10 I would think that she would have noticed, but then they wouldn't have been able to run the tape and check it line by line to see where the mistake was. Of course it was being updated and was mistakenly taken out of the system.

It kills me too because they wave the rules for these people just for the notoriety... ANNOYING!

I must also say I have STILL never seen an episode of that stoopid **** show! :bowing:

:shesaid:

Ugh! I can't bring myself to watch one second of that show.... and it really rubs me the wrong way when some use the charity word like a magic blanket to cover all the bull....give me a break -how does that change the rules for you over someone else who's bringing the same groceries to their own family in order for them to eat?

I hate that show and I hate that stupid Marcal coupon!

The only store around here that carries Marcal is Ultra and the one by me holds to that "Limit one per person" on there. A long time ago, I tried to buy 2 in one order when my DS was with me and they said I couldn't because he was not a person. I said "Really and why not" and the cashier stammered and said "Well, when they say person, it really has to be an adult paying customer ..." I asked here where it said that on the coupon and she said "Well, that's what they meant."

Wow, I didn't know that all cashiers were mind readers too and know exactly what Marcal meant to put on their coupons.

Back