What's new

Okay Ladies and Gents......

bonnie48

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
are there any secrets to shopping on the day after Christmas? I started with coupons in Jan. 2010.....are there any stores that I should prioritize? It always seemed no matter what time I got to a store....it was all picked over. What are the HOT items I should be looking for and are there any stores open on Christmas Eve or Day that I should visit? Anyone want to share some of their great deals?

The hot items just depends on what you need/ want. I look for cheap wrapping paper, some look for HBA gift sets (to give as gifts next year), some like marked down Hallmark ornies, etc.
Think about items you saw and liked while doing your Christmas shopping and go back to those stores when they open on the 26th and see if you can get that item at a good discount. Some stores stagger their % off too. They might not start off with the 75-90% off, but will get there after a few days or a week or so.

HTH young Padawan

ETA: Oh and I also like clearance M&M's and other choc. for making cookies. Seperate the red & green M&M's.....use green for St. Paddy Day and red for Valentine's Day. :)

The hot items just depends on what you need/ want. I look for cheap wrapping paper, some look for HBA gift sets (to give as gifts next year), some like marked down Hallmark ornies, etc.
Think about items you saw and liked while doing your Christmas shopping and go back to those stores when they open on the 26th and see if you can get that item at a good discount. Some stores stagger their % off too. They might not start off with the 75-90% off, but will get there after a few days or a week or so.

HTH young Padawan

ETA: Oh and I also like clearance M&M's and other choc. for making cookies. Seperate the red & green M&M's.....use green for St. Paddy Day and red for Valentine's Day. :)

Good call on the m&ms!!! Duh. I'm sooooooo doing that!:dunce:

I like the clearance 'basics' like holiday ziploc containers and bags, paper towels, etc Combined with coupons they can be NICE deals, and I personally don't care if my stuff is stored in cotainers that are red instead of blue

I like the clearance 'basics' like holiday ziploc containers and bags, paper towels, etc Combined with coupons they can be NICE deals, and I personally don't care if my stuff is stored in cotainers that are red instead of blue

I never thought about paper products.....Thanks

My Boys birthdays are after the first of the year. I look for toys, coats, hats and pj's.

I also like plates or tins for cookie giving next year.

Candy canes to add to hot chocolate for a treat!

Last year at Ulta I found their holiday hand lotion (I love the Cranberry) for .49 cents I bought maybe 6 and thought I really scored. This year I want to find the Axe Gift sets and my favorite perfume "Ciara" I know its not that expensive now...it used to be only at your better stores like Joseph Spiess, now you can find it everywhere. I still like to pay next to nothing. I know my GF got a Artificial Xmas tree for about $20 at Meijers a couple years back. Anywhere in particular for Winter Coats? Oh, and are Bath and Body's sales good after Xmas? I just got a $10 GC from one of my employee's....I love the Pear Lotion. I think so much differently now about sales.....b4 coupons I would have let Kohls Cash Expire and wouldn't have gone out of my way to obtain it in the first place.....Now its in my wallet like cash (along with my RR and Cats) Thanks everyone, maybe we can keep this thread going and record our findings the 26th.

Last year at Ulta I found their holiday hand lotion (I love the Cranberry) for .49 cents I bought maybe 6 and thought I really scored. This year I want to find the Axe Gift sets and my favorite perfume "Ciara" I know its not that expensive now...it used to be only at your better stores like Joseph Spiess, now you can find it everywhere. I still like to pay next to nothing. I know my GF got a Artificial Xmas tree for about $20 at Meijers a couple years back. Anywhere in particular for Winter Coats? Oh, and are Bath and Body's sales good after Xmas? I just got a $10 GC from one of my employee's....I love the Pear Lotion. I think so much differently now about sales.....b4 coupons I would have let Kohls Cash Expire and wouldn't have gone out of my way to obtain it in the first place.....Now its in my wallet like cash (along with my RR and Cats) Thanks everyone, maybe we can keep this thread going and record our findings the 26th.

I think Bath & Body Works should be having their Semi-Annual sale starting not too long after Christmas.

Bath and Body works does a huge sale every Jan.

are there any secrets to shopping on the day after Christmas? I started with coupons in Jan. 2010.....are there any stores that I should prioritize? It always seemed no matter what time I got to a store....it was all picked over. What are the HOT items I should be looking for and are there any stores open on Christmas Eve or Day that I should visit? Anyone want to share some of their great deals?

plan your attack. know which stores you want to hit first. look at what they have this week still in stock and decide what it is you are after most. this year i am hitting target first, then walmart, wags, cvs, pick n save, hobby lobby kmart.

some things i have my eye on like airwick holiday candles that are 5.99 at target. i am hoping go to 50% off day after so i can snag them with my $3 off coupons. razor gift sets someteims go 50% off so if you have razor coupons that can be a good deal. i got 20 odd gillette and venus razor gift sets at walmart for $1 each a few years ago. it was lovely.

consider what your goals are. are you after decorations? wrapping stuff? gifts to stockpile? have a goal. you dont want to just randomly be snagging anything that catches your eye, you might spend a lot more than you planned doing that.

and watch your cart. people WILL reach in your cart and take some coveted item you have the last one or two of for thier own if they see you turn your back. i **** you not . day after christmas is highly competative shopping

I used to go the day after christmas to get specific Hallmark ornaments only to now have way too many to put on the tree. Now I focus on Target 75% off sales. Too much at the 50% sale and I worry that when I go at a later time it will be marked down even more. Plus, the more stuff there is the more I throw in my cart. Everyone's style evolves over time. I can summarize mine by saying I won't buy it only if it's a good deal, I have to want it too.

plan your attack. know which stores you want to hit first. look at what they have this week still in stock and decide what it is you are after most. this year i am hitting target first, then walmart, wags, cvs, pick n save, hobby lobby kmart.

some things i have my eye on like airwick holiday candles that are 5.99 at target. i am hoping go to 50% off day after so i can snag them with my $3 off coupons. razor gift sets someteims go 50% off so if you have razor coupons that can be a good deal. i got 20 odd gillette and venus razor gift sets at walmart for $1 each a few years ago. it was lovely.

consider what your goals are. are you after decorations? wrapping stuff? gifts to stockpile? have a goal. you dont want to just randomly be snagging anything that catches your eye, you might spend a lot more than you planned doing that.

and watch your cart. people WILL reach in your cart and take some coveted item you have the last one or two of for thier own if they see you turn your back. i **** you not . day after christmas is highly competative shopping

Thank you Sati, I appreciate your advise. I will make my plan, find out what time the stores open and get there early! I know I will be looking for the Axe gift sets for DS. Thanks to Wags, I am pretty good on wrapping paper and Tissue :lol:

I've been looking all over for dinner size or larger holiday paper plates (for cookies) and even now I can't find anything except at the Hallmark store. Jewel, Dominicks, Target, drug stores don't seem to carry them anymore. Has anyone seen these? I would LOVE to stock up the day after Christmas.

Don't overdo on candy. I have done this WAY too many times!!

Yes, Snickers at .62 a bag is CRAZY good.....but bags of chocolate in the closet with a chicken 5 months later that you are tired of looking at are bags you wasted .62 each on!!!

Fixed that for ya Barb. :snicker:

I've been looking all over for dinner size or larger holiday paper plates (for cookies) and even now I can't find anything except at the Hallmark store. Jewel, Dominicks, Target, drug stores don't seem to carry them anymore. Has anyone seen these? I would LOVE to stock up the day after Christmas.

I found large holiday dinner plates at Target...a few were marked down and I used the $2/3 holiday paper party items target q.

Thanks for the tips everyone! What day does Target usually mark it to 75%?

Back