What's new

OKC on a 6 Win Steak; Who'll Stop Them?

Wengthemeng

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
OKC has played and beaten the Clippers, Heat, Lakers, Twolves, and Bulls. Even if Derrick Rose played in today's game against the Thunder, I don't think he would have brought up the 14 point deficit in the end. Which team is next? What do you guys think this says about OKC?

In my opinion, OKC are really the hottest team in the NBA right now; I think they're going to win the title this season. April 4 will be a rematch between Heat and OKC, so I hope the Heat do better this time.

They will stop themselves. They struggle to score inside and in a seven game series, they could easily lose a game or two simply because they go cold from the field. Until they show an ability to score around the basket consistently, this will be a possibility for them.

They will stop themselves. They struggle to score inside and in a seven game series, they could easily lose a game or two simply because they go cold from the field. Until they show an ability to score around the basket consistently, this will be a possibility for them.

I don't know if you've seen any of the past six games by the OKC, but OKC really doesn't seem to have any trouble at all scoring inside. In a seven game series, OKC will just play even harder which will then make them play even better. If OKC does happen to go cold all of sudden, that will only happen for one game.

I've seen a ton of Thunder games, and I do like them. They just rely too much on the midrange game in my opinion. I think you'll see over the course of the playoffs they will struggle with their shot at some point and it will cost them.

Their win over the Bulls shows some statement. Their winning streak would rely much on how they keep their posture. They have a very great, young team. The chemistry also is on a different level. Maybe we will see the Thunder deep in the playoffs.

The Thunder are better than they were last year. And last year, they were better than the year before. And the year before, they were better than the year before...

OKC is constantly improving, and I have no doubt they will reach the Conference Finals again. They have a big chance to reach the Finals, or even win it all. I don't see any problems with their offense. Okay, so maybe they do rely on the midrange game, but they do have the athleticism to drive. Harden, Westbrook, and Durant are really athletic. Come playoff time, it's going to be tough defending a team that can drive, and shoot from midrange. My only issue with OKC is Westbrook only scores. He needs to assist more since he's the point guard. As of now though, that seems to be working for them.

OKC is hot right now. They are good but i got a feeling they will be shut down... unless they change their style that is. They need to go more up close and personal :)

The reason why OKC is very hard to beat is because of match up problems. Imagine Durant at 6'10" playing SF and SG position, I think he is unstoppable because he can shoot anytime he wants and he is also quick and a good defender. Westbrook is also another matchup problem, he is hard to defend because he's quick, strong and drives to the hoop with so much power, any point guard will have a hard time guarding him physically and will end up in foul trouble.

Their weakness is front court scoring. If you can contain Durant, Westbrook and Harden or at least 2 of the 3, you can have a chance of winning, because nobody else can really score.

The reason why OKC is very hard to beat is because of match up problems. Imagine Durant at 6'10" playing SF and SG position, I think he is unstoppable because he can shoot anytime he wants and he is also quick and a good defender. Westbrook is also another matchup problem, he is hard to defend because he's quick, strong and drives to the hoop with so much power, any point guard will have a hard time guarding him physically and will end up in foul trouble.

You're definitely right, Kevin Durant has been an effective offensive weapon for Oklahoma. Let's also give credit to their offensive strategy. One of the reasons why teams lose in a game is because once they feel that they need to bridge the point deficit they immediately lose control of the game.

If they can stay healthy, they have a shot at winning it all. But the way that injuries have hit everyone this year, you never know.

If they can stay healthy, they have a shot at winning it all. But the way that injuries have hit everyone this year, you never know.

Let's hope that Durant or Westbrook don't get injured before the playoffs:(. The team is very reliant on those two players. In my opinion, OKC has three major elements into winning the game: Durant, Westbrook, and the team.

Honestly, the Thunder are just flat out a complete team. It'll be very hard for anyone to beat them. Even the Heat.

Memphis stopped them :mad:

lol well to be fair, Memphis is another pretty good team. But yeah even the best teams are going to get beat sometimes. Sometimes you see the most high powered teams lose to the lamest opponents.

lol well to be fair, Memphis is another pretty good team. But yeah even the best teams are going to get beat sometimes. Sometimes you see the most high powered teams lose to the lamest opponents.

It's moments like the ones you mentioned that cause the biggest upset and get the most attention as well. I think if OKC were to lose to their opponent in the first rounds, there would be a huge disappointment across the nation.

OKC is so completely nasty. Westbrook, Durant and Harden are going to be household names if they aren't already.

They have built a team the right way and look to be a dominant playoff team for years to come without being in cap hell.

With that being said, I will be pulling for them vs the Miami's and the Los Angeles' of the NBA.

Bull's weren't at full strength, and the Clippers are still the Clippers. Streak was neat and all, it deosn't mean much to me.They aren't an unstoppable team come post season.

Back