What's new

old-fashioned lemonade

spidergoolash

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
we went to the carnival this weekend and had homemade lemonade :drool: talk about refreshing on a sweltering hot day ...

we all sucked down four big cups of the stuff in less than three minutes and then ate the ice :lol:

it was delicious w/just the right amount of sugar and lemon juice. they left the lemon slices in the cup which added to the ambviance :D

tried making it at home and while it was good, it ain't the same as the carnival :|

six lemons squeezed to make one cup of juice
six cups of water
one cup of sugar
ice
mix

Mmmmmmmm!!! Sounds delicious! May try to recommend this for our 4th of July cookout!

Now, if you would've said homemade hard lemonade...

"Mmmmm, this tastes just like the lemon moonshine my ol' dead pappy used to make out behind the outhouse."
;)

The real question is...did you get zeppoles with that? ;)

I bought fresh squeezed lemonade and put mint leaves in it. You should try this as well!

Originally posted by Lil' Mo
The real question is...did you get zeppoles with that?

no, and i wish i had. i thought about getting them for a bit and then forgot about it.

i did get a large order of french fries though :D

In response to DD's comment, a shot of vodka does go well with lemonade. :D

Originally posted by JHowse
In response to DD's comment, a shot of vodka does go well with lemonade. :D

Indeed it does. Even better, on those hot summer days is a frozen lemonade with vodka. :)

all this talk about vodka is making me want to run out to the store to buy some :D

heck, i'm enjoying a glass of lemonade right now - with animal crackers :lol:

we made some more this afternoon, but we put in only a half cup of sugar and 7 lemons instead of 6.

more tart + less sweet = better

there's another recipe i found from the late 1800's where the sugar was poured over the lemon rinds to soak up the oil and then boiled. i may have to try this one.

i'm obsessed.

Back