My fav is IHOP Colorado Omelete;

View attachment 3838

Check out this egg-citing dish
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Diced Sweet Onions
1/4 cup Diced Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Diced Tomatoes (optional)
1/4 cup Diced Cooked Lean Ham
3/4 cup Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
1/4 cup Diced Lean Bacon (fried and drained)
1/3 cup Sliced Small Breakfast Sausage Links (fry and drain)
1/3 cup Shredded Roast Beef or Dice Roasted Beef From the Deli
4 Eggs Beaten (measuring one cup)
1/8 cup Water
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Butter

This sounds delicious. I'm going to try making it this weekend. It actually sounds similar to the farmers' pancake I make our last day of camping, but there's no real recipe to that; just all the leftover meat and veg, with a dozen or so beaten eggs poured over it, then slow cooked over a fire or coleman stove for about a half hour. This recipe here is more controlled. I'm going to have it with a big mug of tea and some toast! I won't have to eat for days!

I love a good omelette. My favorite is one stuffed with lots of cheese, a lean meat, mushrooms, onions and peppers. My fiancee makes the best omelettes.

That's something my sister in law does when making omlettes. But yeah they have the same affect as what baked beans have on many people. (farting material)

In cuisine, an omelette or omelet is a dish made from beaten eggs quickly cooked with butter or oil in a frying pan, sometimes folded around a filling such as cheese, vegetables, meat (often ham), or some combination of the above. To obtain a fluffy texture, whole eggs or sometimes only egg whites are beaten with a small amount of milk or cream, or even water, the idea being to have "bubbles" of water vapor trapped within the rapidly cooked egg. Some home cooks add baking powder to produce a fluffier omelette; however, this ingredient is sometimes viewed unfavorably by traditionalists.

mmmmmm, I love omelettes too! My favorite is a cheese omelette with spinach. I only eat them once in a while because of natural egg cholesterol, but they're so good!

Hummmm, my favorite dish is omelettes I love to eat.

Back