What's new

Open for suggestions

Dan Hutter

aka Big Dan
PF Member
Reaction score
Without finger pointing or starting a sledgefest please what rules should implement to make this a better sandbox for all?

No personal attacks are a given. Now that I have a little more time and truces have been made I will be strictly enforcing this.

One idea I have is not advertising who you are and aren't ignoring. It's akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and saying Neener Neener I cannot hear you. Is that really necessary?

The floor is yours....

I have made my points on this morn than once, I like the idea of removing the ignore feature. Let you mods enforce the rules and there should not be a reason for it.

TH your avatar is truly adoreable. A face like that ought to be heard.

I'd like to propose that the first post that invokes Nazi or Holocaust analogies in a thread will be grounds for immediate closure of a thread. Once a thread hits that point it's usually degenerated into total absurdity anyway.

Karaoke piracy and genocide just don't relate, y'all.

I'd like to propose that the first post that invokes Nazi or Holocaust analogies in a thread will be grounds for immediate closure of a thread. Once a thread hits that point it's usually degenerated into total absurdity anyway.

ummm.... yeah..... sure.... if you take it out of context you can always see it anyway you want....

The best suggestion so far...

TH your avatar is truly adoreable. A face like that ought to be heard.

Well if it were actually my face, as HORRIBLE as that would be, I bet I would get quite the following. Everybody loves freaks! LOL.
It's actually Capt. Spalding from House Of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.

I suggest prohibiting trolling. What is trolling?
Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of
angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
We all know it when we see it..........

I suggest prohibiting trolling. What is trolling?
Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of
angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
We all know it when we see it..........

I would say that is probably true, the problem comes up when one person takes something (and it could be anything) the wrong way. A prime example is Athena's post on the Cheerleaders thread, although not meant as a dig at anyone it was taken as a dig by Chip and Julie because of previous statements by myself and others. Until everyone gets a little thicker skin or let's the other stuff go then anything anyone wants to take the wrong way will become trolling! It will end up with everyone afraid to discuss anything because one or another will feel like it points at them.

I can go back through these boards and in 15 minutes find 10 post that I can say were trolling to get a rise out of me (some were, some weren't) the point is i can say they were all trolling and anyone else can do the same thing.

I would say that is probably true, the problem comes up when one person takes something (and it could be anything) the wrong way. A prime example is Athena's post on the Cheerleaders thread, although not meant as a dig at anyone it was taken as a dig by Chip and Julie because of previous statements by myself and others. Until everyone gets a little thicker skin or let's the other stuff go then anything anyone wants to take the wrong way will become trolling! It will end up with everyone afraid to discuss anything because one or another will feel like it points at them.

I can go back through these boards and in 15 minutes find 10 post that I can say were trolling to get a rise out of me (some were, some weren't) the point is i can say they were all trolling and anyone else can do the same thing.

Sure, anyone can "go back through these boards".... but that's not what's happening is it? Nope.. We're talking about a post made yesterday, not last week, not last month. Perhaps you should take your private party.... private.... through private messaging.

You claim everyone needs "thicker skin" then quit bringing the same crap up over and over again and then hollering "lighten up!" It's certainly not perpetuated from this end.

I'm not out looking for arguments but Athena brings up using my image as a pinata.... and brings up the pinata issue again.... I felt it was in very poor taste especially since she's the one claiming to want to "clean up the sandbox."

See, that's what the mods are for. They look at the "offending" post, check into it, ask questions and give a warning, if need be. And if it happens again, further repercussions could then be brought into play. As for taking posts the wrong way, then perhaps we need to stop and think about what we post and how others may perceive it, even if it's not what we meant. If it's the case where it could be taken wrong, then perhaps it needs a rewrite or not to be posted at all!

Without finger pointing or starting a sledgefest please what rules should implement to make this a better sandbox for all?

Did I stutter or something? Yeesh some of you folks cannot even stop yourselves from crapping all over a suggestion thread.

While I think that insults should come to an end, I think we need to define what is harassment and what is really lighthearted jabbing. You will be hard pressed to find a board that doesn't have people taking jabs at each other here and there. I know I said I called a truce and I meant it. However....reading over the boards, it appears no one is really discussing much now, plus people are complaining still, I guess I would rather see people use common sense than political correctness and it already looks and feels like that's where this board is headed.

Maybe my suggestion is , let people be themselves. If someone wants to take jabs at me etc...I am adult enough to understand that this is just a Karaoke Forum and not the end of the world. Just means I will push back and hopefully it will all be joked about later.

qqxsgInternet-censorship.gif

Back