What's new

Otsav..

AlbanyAMS

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I've got this new version and having a hard time with it. I've got the karaoke songs in the OTSAV, but when I play them on my laptop, the "tv screens" do not appear and I'm told they are supposed too. A couple of people offered help, trying to find those people. Thanks!

tim,
you've ripped them as ots karaoke files? Ots av will only play files ripped as ots karaoke files.

to create files, ots studio can rip karaoke discs, or you can convert unzipped files into ots karaoke files.

if you've done that:

check under options...then video/cd+g, then auto enable video subsystem and make sure "on demand" is checked. That should bring screens up any time a karaoke file is played.

if you want to go to video screen layout even before a karaoke file is played, go to options video/cd+g then check "video subsystem enabled"

ok..

tim,
you've ripped them as ots karaoke files? Ots av will only play files ripped as ots karaoke files.

to create files, ots studio can rip karaoke discs, or you can convert unzipped files into ots karaoke files.

if you've done that:

check under options...then video/cd+g, then auto enable video subsystem and make sure "on demand" is checked. That should bring screens up any time a karaoke file is played.

if you want to go to video screen layout even before a karaoke file is played, go to options video/cd+g then check "video subsystem enabled"

I did the abovementioned...The screen will come up for 2 seconds, then nothing..

What steps do I need to take to make this happen...I'm almost 99% sure I did this..

Let me tell you what I did...The karaoke files are in OTS, I went to OTS studio - file, import, then I have 2 options "Audio CD" or "Ots/wave/MPEG file (s) - I choose Ots/wave/MPEG file (s) - Then I clicked on "Add files to list" added my karaoke files..(as of rigth noiw as I'm doing this to explain, I put the cursor over the song and it says "Otsd media file" - didn't say that yesterday...(?)

"you've ripped them as ots karaoke files? Ots av will only play files ripped as ots karaoke files.

to create files, ots studio can rip karaoke discs, or you can convert unzipped files into ots karaoke files"

Tim,
It was nice talking to you. I am sorry we haven't fixed it yet.

From our conversation, this is a recap of what we talked about and this it what i gather so far:

you converted the files into normal ots audio files, NOT ots karoke files. Then you were trying to take those newly created ots audio files and convert those into karaoke files. We cannot take the ots files and convert those into karaoke files, since those are only audio files. The program needs to know where the cdg portion is.

if just converting a few files.in ots studio....you can go to file, import, add the file you want...check "add cdg"(the original files must be .mp3 with the .cdg file in the same folder)

doing a large group of files, go to tools, batch convert...select "add cdg"

select where you want to send the new files and then hit convert.

But until you are able to find where the original files are at on the HD, we cannot convert them. When I advised you to do a search in the hd for *.mp3, you said 128 files came up, but those were actually regular music files, and not the mp3 portion of the karaoke file, which means either the original file are no longer on that hd, or that the search you did only searched a portion of the HD and not the whole drive.

Once you find the original files, I would suggest trying to convert just one or two to make sure it's doing it correctly before doing the whole drive again.

yikes... see when I did this I simply did it one disk at a time once I was sure it was doing it right.... reason being is I wanted OtsAV to view them in complete albums rather than a bunch of individual Ots karaoke files. So in essense I did this

Converted SC8888 tracks 1-20 into an Ots Album SC8888

And like Scott has already said in order to do this both the .mp3 and the .cdg must reside in the same directory prior to importation into the OtsAV format.... and you must check mark Import CDG for it to work. Otherwise all you've done is import the mp3 file and depending on whether or not you choose the option to delete the original file you could be screwed.

There is something else strange that seems to be going on. I walked Tim through ripping a cdg, which it did.
But when he puts that in the player, only audio comes up. When I had him try to check video subsystem enabled, it wouldn't let him. I had him set it to start up with the video subsystem. He said it came up for a second, but then went back to normal. He was able to open up the video in ots free. I just advised him to try playing the karaoke file that we ripped in ots free to see if it works there.

Howdy,

On my laptop, when I use the OTS video player, I have to right click on the desktop to "sync" the video out to the projector. I have to "attach" the monitor feed to the projector. Do you have to do the same with Karaoke?

Update!

Ok, Colorado Sound and Light sent me a new Otsav software and the karoake now works! So big thanks to Jim Baxter..

Now for this...I cannot figure this out. Having the karoake lyrics on the TV and having OTSAV on my laptop, my work station if you will..I tried Properties, display prop. external monitor, and extend my desktop..

Nothing...

Ok, Colorado Sound and Light sent me a new Otsav software and the karoake now works! So big thanks to Jim Baxter..

Now for this...I cannot figure this out. Having the karoake lyrics on the TV and having OTSAV on my laptop, my work station if you will..I tried Properties, display prop. external monitor, and extend my desktop..

Nothing...

How it's done depends on the video card sometimes... pretty much if you go into display settings while provided you booted you computer with a TV connected to it....you should be able to identify each display by number. Typically your laptops screen with be monitor 1 and the TV monitor 2.

Simply extend your desk top to the TV monitor 2 and you should be good to go. If you see you desktop background appear on your TV screen and none of you icons or start bar you should be good to go.

How it's done depends on the video card sometimes... pretty much if you go into display settings while provided you booted you computer with a TV connected to it....you should be able to identify each display by number. Typically your laptops screen with be monitor 1 and the TV monitor 2.

Simply extend your desk top to the TV monitor 2 and you should be good to go. If you see you desktop background appear on your TV screen and none of you icons or start bar you should be good to go.

I have the ATI...Please explain extend your desktop..I'm new to this, pardon me for being naive..

I have the ATI...Please explain extend your desktop..I'm new to this, pardon me for being naive..

However you usually connect your TV to the VGA or if available S/Video out on you laptop it needs to be connect and TV on when booting your computer.

If you don't see your desktop background on the TV after booting then right click on your desktop and click on Properties.

Goto to display and you will see an option that says extend my desktop or similar phrasing... place a check in the box next to that and apply... you should then see your desktop picture (not your icons or start bar) appear on the TV screen.

If that doesn't work you'll need to play with your ATI video card configuration and look for dual monitor mode which you may have to activate first.

That looks familair, my problem is having the Otsav on my laptop and the karaoke lyrics on my TV...Will this help this problem?

Finally!

I got it to work!! Sorry, I'm happy with myself..Thanks to all who helped! Now, my next assignment..You can put messages on the bottom of the TV screen....Has anyone done this and how is this done?

Back