What's new

Paul Pierce makes 10th All-Star Game

Does Paul Pierce deserve to be an All-Star this season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Dirk Nowitzki's streak survives, despite one of the worst seasons of his career.

Two other old stars are no longer All-Stars.

Nowitzki was chosen Thursday to his 11th straight All-Star game, with coaches overlooking the lowest scoring average since his second NBA season in favor of his long-term excellence.

"It was a tough road back to full health for me, but I am honored that the coaches thought enough of me to make me an All-Star," Nowitzki said in a statement. "It has been a privilege to represent the Mavericks organization over the last decade and I look forward to doing it again in Orlando."

Paul Pierce will join him despite his own slow start caused by a foot injury and was picked for the 10th time.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2012/...tzki-paul-pierce-chosen-nba-all-star-reserves

Attachments

• 220px-Paul_Pierce_2008-01-13.jpg
    220px-Paul_Pierce_2008-01-13.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 404
Honestly, it should have been someone else than Paul Pierce. He has been an All Star for too long, the NBA should have gotten some new blood in there. I might be mistaken but Danny Granger didn't make it thus year, yet he's the leader of the Indiana Pacers.

Pierce only made it because he is a fan favorite. He isn't that great of a player at this point in his career, but I guess the fans just love him. He is an enjoyable player to watch, and he looks like he has a lot of fun on the court.

Honestly, it should have been someone else than Paul Pierce. He has been an All Star for too long, the NBA should have gotten some new blood in there. I might be mistaken but Danny Granger didn't make it thus year, yet he's the leader of the Indiana Pacers.

Agreed. I really think Pierce is starting to flame out at this point.

False. He started the year rough, I'll agree with that. But he has stepped his game up again and has been doing well. He is showing his age but I wouldn't say he is starting to 'flame out' yet.

I have to disagree; Paul Pierce seems to be bringing in his game currently. He's had a rough start, but he's been good lately again. I've seen him do real well, and he mostly always puts up his points into the total score every Celtics game.

Perfect example of how is is not flaming out, yet, is last nights game against the Bobcats. Points: 36, Reb: 10, Ast: 4, Stl: 3, and Blk: 3. Those are not the stats of a ****.

Pierce only made it because he is a fan favorite. He isn't that great of a player at this point in his career, but I guess the fans just love him. He is an enjoyable player to watch, and he looks like he has a lot of fun on the court.

Pierce is aging but he is still a very reliable scorer and a good defender. I am a big fan of him and sometimes he lets his team involved that's why he don't score that much now that the team has so many offensive options but he can be a lethal scorer anytime he wants. He is very good in getting fouls and can really handle the pressure.

Back