What's new

Phantom

eXCeSS

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
hey guys check this new system : www.phantom.net
no need to buy games, all games are on demand and u pay a monthy fee for unlimited games! sounds good but i dont like consoles

*cough* xoxide repost *cough*

lol j/k we love you...sometimes

sounds stupid and the monthy fee will be outragous

if the price overall is good i might consider but if its 500$ thats going right into my pc ;]

I cant see a thing like that ever getting more than a "cult" following, I would stick with one of the mainstream consoles and/or a PC. Those will be around for awhile and are worth the money.

When is someone going to make a PS2 style USB controller for the PC ?

i think u can rig it to be usb or get an adapter...either that or its for an xbox controller

hrm a ps2 controller for pc..... interesting idea

EBFoxbat said:
When is someone going to make a PS2 style USB controller for the PC ?
They have ps2-to-usb converter things, and you could also wire up a ps2 controller to a usb port or serial port or whichever. I am going to wire up an NES controller for use with an emulator, nothing like using an original controlelr.

I think the idea has been out for a while. I believe a while back they were asking for beta testers and what I heard someone say was that beta testing was going to begin pretty soon here for the system. But in my opinion, it will not be able to compete with the bigger competition.

*bangs head*

I accidentally filled out the form for pre ordering rather than beta testing. Oops. Hopefully they dont send the system to my door with a huge bill attached. Otherwise i'll have a bit of a problem with my parents.

It looks pretty sweet. It will make sony and nintendo and microsoft have to rethink their strategy if it becomes popular, but you can expect it to be the x-box of the future (in terms of people cracking it etc)

there will be no need to crack it. it comes with a form of widows, a mouse, a keyboard, and everything else.

you could prolly put linux on it by putting in the linux cd.

muahaha fyber .. the roles are reversed, look whos got the power now :D

I don't like consoles at all. if i wanted to buy the 3 main ones. it's be at least $500 plus controlers and games.

i'd rather put that $500 into my computer fund.

I got a PS2 but I really don't play it that much unless a good game comes out. Also I am not one of the people who buy the same game every year because EA slaps a higher number on the end of it.

Real Phantom Pics: linked

At least we know they have a working prototype.. Looks like they're playing Unreal Tournament?

screw that i'lljust get the phantom and take it apart and have uber fun ;)

3 gigrs !!!!!!!

i'llj ust take that p4 out of there and pop it in my sytem :)

and the ram.. eh 256 :|

maby i could use it to my advantage..

what is the runnin price on those things ?? 300 - 200 $????

hell if that happens im going to get 2 :)

Nice find MrCodeDude, some actual evidence!

Blackacid, I doubt you could actually do that...I would doubt they are that dim witted.

Back