What's new

Picked up a new gig... (or two?)

karaoke_carlos

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I just locked out. I picked up a new gig on Sunday nights!

I have been doing a gig as a favor to a friend on Wednesday evenings. It doesn't really pay much. I do it as a favor for a friend (bar owner) and as a way to try out new gear. I'm there once a week as I had all but abandoned karaoke. I am concentrating more on weddings.

In testament to treating your patrons right... one of the patrons at this place also frequents another bar. He heard they lost their karaoke host and called me. I got the call on Sunday at 1:00 PM. I was setting up by 8:15 and the show started at 9:00.

The bartender loved the way I work... apparently their other KJ didn't play bumper music and she didn't have a very good sound system.

I am now up to 2 gigs a week... and it gets better!

Just as I finished setting up, a guy comes into the bar selling flowers. I had seen him in other places where I'd played in the past. He comes up to me, we shake hands and he asks me what I'm doing. I showed him that I was setting up for karaoke and he gives me the name of another venue that is looking for a karaoke host.

Not sure if it's divine intervention or if maybe I should be sticking to karaoke, but for now I have a chance to explore new options and perhaps new venues!

That's awesome..... always nice to have gigs just fall into your lap like that.

karaoke_carlos said:
I just locked out. I picked up a new gig on Sunday nights!

I have been doing a gig as a favor to a friend on Wednesday evenings. It doesn't really pay much. I do it as a favor for a friend (bar owner) and as a way to try out new gear. I'm there once a week as I had all but abandoned karaoke. I am concentrating more on weddings.

In testament to treating your patrons right... one of the patrons at this place also frequents another bar. He heard they lost their karaoke host and called me. I got the call on Sunday at 1:00 PM. I was setting up by 8:15 and the show started at 9:00.

The bartender loved the way I work... apparently their other KJ didn't play bumper music and she didn't have a very good sound system.

I am now up to 2 gigs a week... and it gets better!

Just as I finished setting up, a guy comes into the bar selling flowers. I had seen him in other places where I'd played in the past. He comes up to me, we shake hands and he asks me what I'm doing. I showed him that I was setting up for karaoke and he gives me the name of another venue that is looking for a karaoke host.

Not sure if it's divine intervention or if maybe I should be sticking to karaoke, but for now I have a chance to explore new options and perhaps new venues!

Now you have enough money to donate to the "ODJT Retired DJs & KJs Fund"! :sqlaugh:

I just turned 52 and when intiating policy here that puts me near the front of the line. Way to go Carlos.

Back