What's new

Pioneer CDGs, how much are they worth?

MIXSIRS

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I own 31 CDGs of the Pioneer Professional series. I was wondering how much they are worth? They've been sitting around doing nothing for quite a long time.

Which model? DN-S1000? Or DN-S1200? Or something else?

Edit. Why do you own so many? Did you buy them by the case from a guy on the street corner? :)

DJ Wes said:
Which model? DN-S1000? Or DN-S1200? Or something else?

Edit. Why do you own so many? Did you buy them by the case from a guy on the street corner? :)

:sqconfused:

MIXSIRS said:
I own 31 CDGs of the Pioneer Professional series. I was wondering how much they are worth? They've been sitting around doing nothing for quite a long time.

Worth is subjective. To someone who likes the pioneer series, they would be worth more.

Now if you happen to own a disc that contains an out of print or rare song then the value goes up significantly.

"We now return you to our regularily scheduled confusion"

*beep&

I see. I thought you were talking about hardware, not music discs. My bad. :(

I've sold Pioneer CDG's on ebaY auctions that bid up to $40 depending on the rarity of the songs....

There are many exclusive karaoke tracks that only Pioneer produced....

Wall Of Sound said:
I've sold Pioneer CDG's on ebaY auctions that bid up to $40 depending on the rarity of the songs....

There are many exclusive karaoke tracks that only Pioneer produced....

Wall nailed it. They made some terrific tracks, and they made some horrible clinkers as well, so they will sell more for content then quality.

If you get in the mood to list tracks, I may be of more help. Thunder knows them as well..

Here are the disc numbers?

PCDG-001, 002, 003,004, 005, 008, 009, 010, 012, 014, 016, 020, 021, 022, 024, 025, 028, 030, 031, 032, 033, 034, 035, 037, 039, 040.

PCDG-301, 302, 303, 304, 306.

At the time I was buying these discs I was looking to buy specific songs and not who manufactured them. In the process I also bought Tip Top and others including one Sound Choice.

I made the songbooks with Karaoke Spigot on floppy to give you some idea how long its been.

I sold some last year for $15 each. Don't remember which disc numbers, though, but some were on your list.

Birdofsong

Birdofsong said:
I sold some last year for $15 each. Don't remember which disc numbers, though, but some were on your list.

Birdofsong

Thanks, at least it gives me an idea. I'd like to sell them all together with the other discs I have. Someone offered to buy the Pioneers I had but did not want the other discs. I only have a total of 73 discs. I wanted to sell them all and be done with it. KJ was not my thing even as an add on.

Thanks again

Although it will take more time involvement you will do better selling each disc individually than as a whole, if you had the full set it would be a different story,

You should easily get what you paid for them back out of them. I would say most will sell at around $20 to $25 each!

Thunder said:
Although it will take more time involvement you will do better selling each disc individually than as a whole, if you had the full set it would be a different story,

You should easily get what you paid for them back out of them. I would say most will sell at around $20 to $25 each!

Thanks Thunder, thats much more than I was expecting.

One of my favorite tracks is in the Pioneer series. "Lady in Red" is a direct import from the Laser Disc version, and I think it is by far the best rendition of "Lady in Red" I've ever heard.

If you want to sell them, let me know, I might be interested.

karaoke_carlos said:
One of my favorite tracks is in the Pioneer series. "Lady in Red" is a direct import from the Laser Disc version, and I think it is by far the best rendition of "Lady in Red" I've ever heard.

If you want to sell them, let me know, I might be interested.

Will do.

Back