What's new

Please pray for hubbie who has surgery today

kmjlovesjesus

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Hubbie is having surgery today for an umbillical hernia
Please pray for the surgeons and hubbie--and for me --we are unsure as for how long he has to be out of work--I think the next few days are going to be rough---it will be tough keeping our five year old from bouncing all over Dad-something he is use to doing--as great as my hubbie is--sometimes when sick--they can be bigger babies than children:)
His surgery is at 8:10 this morning--we have to be at the hospital by 6--they said allow 1.5 hours for surgery and 2 hours for recovery.

Saying a prayer for your DH. I am sure all will go well. :huggy:

Hope all goes well and he has an easy recovery. Let us know how he does

Praying for all concerned! Hope your dh surgery goes well & have a speedy recovery!

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Just make sure he doesn't lift anything even slightly heavy for several weeks.

Praying for your hubby, km

Praying for your dh. Hope that the survey went well.

He is now home and resting. Barb the surgery itself isn't bad---the hardest part for hubbie is that he is a lightweight when it comes to medication--the anesthesiologist gave him a heavy dose-(which is nice--no pain) but he had a very hard time coming out of if--he was dizzy and light headed--and couldn't eat anything. He has to eat something to be able to take his pain pills. He did feel nauseous--which is normal--but he didn't get sick until we got home--because he had stood up too fast. They said take it slow--however--24 hours of pain meds (Where are all those wonderful script coupons?__though Elle spoke to CVS--and the Wheaton one is taking the K-mart coupon even on a new script-though it says transferred)
Anyway, he can walk--just can't lift a lot of weight--so Barb when you do have your surgery(better now than having it done on an emergency because all your insides squished together--which does happen) you will have to take someone with to load and unload your stockpiles!
I would say do the surgery now--I wish we hadn't waited the 8 years--it just gets worse--so do it early--there is mesh and no mesh--
orginally the doctor told us he wasn't going to do mesh--he didn't think it was that bad--but when he heard how much my hubbie lifts in his job--and when he got in to do the surgery--he said it was bigger than he thought--he did do the mesh
Now--he had said before--with mesh the recovery is faster---had he told us that at the first visit we probably would have pushed the mesh anyway
The doctor said his final reason for using mesh--was he doesn't want to have to do it again--and this stuff is strong--
So--Barb you will have to ask--we love our surgeon--too far away for you--but he is tops at CDH--and very well respected. He takes time to talk to you--gives you his home phone number so if you have any questions you can call him--he only does surgery on Mondays and Fridays--
Anyway--Barb--JUST DO IT_____If you want a second opinion and want to come to Winfield--then go see Dr. Woodard--he is fantastic!
The nurses in outpatient surgery were WONDERFUL--can't say enough nice things (Most of them have worked there over 30 years --they all remembered me from when I worked there--and I haven't worked at CDH for 15 years--though hubbie still works there!!)

Thanks everyone for your prayers
Now please continue to pray for a quick recovery!!

Hope he recovers quickly! And does not have to take too much time off work!

I have the same reaction to surgery, if his nausea gets too bad ask for the ant-nauseum medication (chewable pills) it works wonders!

Back