What's new

Problems with Chartbusters 1-6?

jclaydon

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else who owns a set of Chartbuster Essentials 1-6 had trouble ripping their collection?

Before I knew any better, i had downloaded the entire collection because I didn't want to spend the time ripping the discs.

The problem was i noticed that the 128K sound files didn't sound as good on my computer as the original discs. So I made the choice to re-do everthing and rip at 320.

The problem is on collections 4,5 and six it will not allow me to rip the last track *usually 15* and when i stick the discs in my dvd-rom drive, it says there are 16 tracks when I know for a fact there are only 15.

-James

I have the Essentials 1 thru 5. My Plextor drive did the same thing on the last track, I also have a Sony drive in that computer that the discs would rip with though. There is a lot of time at the end of the track with no audio after the song ends. I meant to open the mp3 in Audacity and edit the dead air time out but never did.

jclaydon said:
Has anyone else who owns a set of Chartbuster Essentials 1-6 had trouble ripping their collection?

Before I knew any better, i had downloaded the entire collection because I didn't want to spend the time ripping the discs.

The problem was i noticed that the 128K sound files didn't sound as good on my computer as the original discs. So I made the choice to re-do everthing and rip at 320.

The problem is on collections 4,5 and six it will not allow me to rip the last track *usually 15* and when i stick the discs in my dvd-rom drive, it says there are 16 tracks when I know for a fact there are only 15.

-James

go to the Roxbox site and get KJ Rip N Zip.... I had the same problem when I first started out with set 5 using Audiograbber but found KJ Rip n Zip to work....

Now I have Power CDG Burner but, haven't tested those disc out useing that program... can you tell me specifically which disc or discs out of set 5 wont rip the last track?

I can then test it out on my machine to see if Power CDG Burner will get them... I'm almost positive it will.

Either way KJ Rip N Zip will.

The reason some rippers have problems with the Chartbuster Essential discs is because that last track as mentioned has a lot of dead air.... shows a graphic but no actual audio track so some rippers get hung because there is no CD Audio and only graphic.... other times it's ok that's why it may seem random... some will rip others wont.

I just had time to think... but when I ripped my sets 1-4, and 10 that I got recently I didn't have any problems ripping them with Power CDG Burner....

jokerswild said:
The reason some rippers have problems with the Chartbuster Essential discs is because that last track as mentioned has a lot of dead air.... shows a graphic but no actual audio track so some rippers get hung because there is no CD Audio and only graphic.... other times it's ok that's why it may seem random... some will rip others wont.

Actually I have tried ripping just the music as well, and it won't let me do that either. The drive makes a lot of clicking noises and then it craps out with an abort message.

I finally managed to get just the music portions of set six ripped and combine them with the old cdg files but still haven't been able to do anything with set 4 and five.

I mean it's only 30 songs, but its the principal of the thing.. :)

I'm going to try the other program under XP

thanks

-James

jclaydon said:
Actually I have tried ripping just the music as well, and it won't let me do that either. The drive makes a lot of clicking noises and then it craps out with an abort message.

I finally managed to get just the music portions of set six ripped and combine them with the old cdg files but still haven't been able to do anything with set 4 and five.

I mean it's only 30 songs, but its the principal of the thing.. :)

I'm going to try the other program under XP

thanks

-James

Try KJ Rip 'N Zip.... it's $5.... http://roxbox.net/RBKP4.php if that doesn't do it try Power CDG Burner not free but well worth the money.... http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_powercdgburner.php

Well i got it to work by accident.

I tried downloading that other rip program and as usual the drive would hang. So i pressed the 'eject' button on my drive, and the program finished ripping and zipping the files.

The music files were all fine but the graphics were total crap good thing I had the other cdg files.. :)

thanks for the help

-James

Hey dude when ya coming to Vancouver so we can go find a good Karaoke show to battle in ?

Good question. I'm hoping to get some time off in June.

Will let ya know

Back