What's new

Pros & Cons Of Software

Mobile Music 1

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We're looking at Swift Elite, Virtual DJ and PCDJ Dex, mainly for DJing with a few KJ gigs. Of course, we're going to download the trial version of each but we'd like your opinion too.

If you've worked with any of the 3, what were the pros and cons of the software that you're familiar with?

The only one of the three I have used and not that particular one was PCDJ "blue" and it ate up resources like an hungry dog, I tried Sax & Dotty, then Siglos and finally ended up with Karma which I consider to be the best program I have ever used.

Very happy with Swift Elite. Use it for karaoke, music videos, and music. Follow the developers instructions, and it's a very stable product.....

I personally use Compuhost but that is more because of being able to run a kiosk and the KJ Media Pro HD. Had issues with PCDJ Red recognizing most of my DJ music so I actually use winamp for my DJ services. For mixed settings the filler player in Compuhost fits the bill.

I'm a Serato user so I can't really offer any advice. But I'm curious are you doing actual deejaying (beat matching and mixing) or are you just playing song after song after song?

I don't call myself a DJ. In fact all I do is a dance for a non profit DJ wise. I consider myself a Karaoke Host first.
Personally I hate to DJ because I spend more time picking out the music and matching it where it fits. With Karaoke I just take what I get a play it in the order I receive it. I'm much happier this way. Right now I am using a twin tray cdg player to DJ with and letting them bring in their own music for the most part. It's working out well because they get what they want to listen and dance to and I don't have to worry do I have the right music for the night.

Hey it's all good. I was just wondering why you weren't looking at Serato or even Traktor, but it makes sense now.
I wish you continued success and I wish I could offer some constructive advice, but it's not something I am familiar with.

we have used PCDJ, Sax and Dotty's, Karma, Compuhost and MTU Hoster. Of all the programs Karma was my favorite and had the fewest problems however in order to use our converted LD's we stayed with MTU as it plays those files with no hoops to jump tru

Back