What's new

Public Service Plea

ennui

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
If you are sick, have any symptoms of the flu, please stay the hell out of stores, stay out of your office, and stay home! Don't spread your virus to others.

I don't care if they are paying you to buy crap at a store, please stay home!

Too many people are sick with the flu, too many people, including children are dying from it.

Too many hospitals are having to go on diversion, closing their doors to incoming emergency patients because they are straining at the seams.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/health/us-flu-season/

Sneezed or coughed out, the virus can live on surfaces for 8 hours, ready to contaminate too many other folks.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/50403351/#50403351

Please, if you are sick, stay home.

By the time you show symptoms, you have already been infecting people for 3-5 days.

This flu is high transmission-low mortality. Best to practice good hygiene and selective isolation (shop at off hours, etc).

Hospitals are at capacity/excess because people who should be convalescing at home are there. It's because there are flu drugs now, and government mandates to treat it. When there weren't, doc offices and hospitals told everyone to STAY HOME with the flu so as not to infect the hospital patients. Don't bother coming in.

Hoping for a healthy season for everyone!

I have 2 peeps at work out with the flu...in fact I took my BFF last Friday night to Immediate Care....didn't know it, but he had the flu. It's respiratory and he was very scared. They gave him an inhaler, Tamaflu (sp) and 3 days worth of steroids. He is older and I believe needed this help. Not everyone can recover at home. I work at a hospital and we have signs up at both entrances alerting visitors, many droplet precautions on patients doors. I told my MIL to please only go to work (small office)...to call one of us kids to do her shopping and to skip church until this slows down a bit. I was at a meeting yesterday and it was a small room....people were coughing ...I must have left the room at least 3 times to go wash my hands and just to get the heck out of there. I have had this before....very hard to sleep...wheezed all night long. YUCK.

I love how the Japanese are so considerate to others that they think nothing of walking around in public with a mask on. I wish this country would be more like that. I know there's plenty of times that I would if I didn't look like a freak. (not talking about in a hospital)

I had two doctor appointments at the hospital yesterday. The conversation on the way with dh was about the flu and how lots of hospitals are on bypass because of it. I asked dh to sign me in while I go pee pee. I just get out of bathroom after my usual acrobatics with a paper towel and foot to grab the door so as not to touch the handle or door. The woman behind the desk asks me to sign something and lays her pen down. I just stared at it. My dh started laughing, the woman was NOT laughing. He tells her I don't want to touch anything because of the flu. I thought I was being reasonable. I asked dh to sign for me. He said no. I signed because there was a big bottle of hand sanitizer on the counter. She was not very friendly to me, but another man waiting to sign in was laughing WITH me. I made it to January without being ill and I want to keep that shizit out of my house.

I had two doctor appointments at the hospital yesterday. The conversation on the way with dh was about the flu and how lots of hospitals are on bypass because of it. I asked dh to sign me in while I go pee pee. I just get out of bathroom after my usual acrobatics with a paper towel and foot to grab the door so as not to touch the handle or door. The woman behind the desk asks me to sign something and lays her pen down. I just stared at it. My dh started laughing, the woman was NOT laughing. He tells her I don't want to touch anything because of the flu. I thought I was being reasonable. I asked dh to sign for me. He said no. I signed because there was a big bottle of hand sanitizer on the counter. She was not very friendly to me, but another man waiting to sign in was laughing WITH me. I made it to January without being ill and I want to keep that shizit out of my house.
This made me laugh can I can be the same way.

I do the same things except that I always take my own pen and have sanitizer in my pocket. Now, with the flu so bad, as soon as we get home from work/school, I make everybody immediately change their clothes.

I am going to go wash my hands right now!

As we were coming home, flying from Chicago to FL....on the way to our gate....there was a place/kiosk to have your flu shot! This was on X-mas day....normally $30...holiday special, $20. Dh and I looked at each other and nodded "yes"!...because thru all the fuss of moving, we hadn't got one yet. Not to mention, he was in scrubs and a furry-cutie-pa-tutie! :giggles: We laughed, chatted, got our shots, more laughs, and met up for lunch at McD's!! :lol:
Talk about shots to remember!!!....hope they work!

Mass is on high alert because of the flu. It is rampant and taking people out in big numbers.
Boston has declared a public health emergency because so many are sick and so many have died.

RI isn't much better, I know the EDs there have been getting slammed.

Even though mom, dad & I all got flu shots months ago, I am scared this year of getting the flu, especially because sis is so very ill now. None of us can risk getting it and transmitting it to her, let alone because of our own underlying conditions. Never been this concerned before, this year's flu is really, really awful.

Boston has declared a public health emergency because so many are sick and so many have died.

Even though mom, dad & I all got flu shots months ago, I am scared this year of getting the flu, especially because sis is so very ill now. None of us can risk getting it and transmitting it to her, let alone because of our own underlying conditions. Never been this concerned before, this year's flu is really, really awful.

It really is bad. Many people who have had the shot ARE still getting the flu. It is going around dd's school with scabies, lice, and shingles. This is NOT a good winter.

Take every precaution ennui....I agree with being scared this year. I had what I believe is something similar a few years back...it almost took me out! I had my Flu shot months ago too, but this is a strain that was included, however has mutated. They say if you get it, it will be lighter, but my BFF is suffering with it for over a week now and he got his shot months ago as well. The flu shot is Mandatory for Healthcare workers. Get a box of masks and have anyone coming in contact with sis to wear or have her wear one..I wouldn't have a problem wearing gloves either!

It really is bad. Many people who have had the shot ARE still getting the flu. It is going around dd's school with scabies, lice, and shingles. This is NOT a good winter.

What does lice have to do with this and wth is scabies? :dunce:

I think she is trying to say that not only are they dealing with the flu...they have all these bugs as well! :lol:

All 5 of us got the vaccine, 3 of us got the flu and 2 weeks later we are still dealing with barky coughs, headaches, and random fevers. Sure is a nasty strain that is going around.

Take every precaution ennui....I agree with being scared this year. I had what I believe is something similar a few years back...it almost took me out! I had my Flu shot months ago too, but this is a strain that was included, however has mutated. They say if you get it, it will be lighter, but my BFF is suffering with it for over a week now and he got his shot months ago as well. The flu shot is Mandatory for Healthcare workers. Get a box of masks and have anyone coming in contact with sis to wear or have her wear one..I wouldn't have a problem wearing gloves either!
So many of the docs, nurses and others who work at the hospital have been getting sick, they've never seen it this bad. I know they've been forced to make staff work extra shifts to cover the shortages, over and above those on call.

What does lice have to do with this and wth is scabies? :dunce:
r7_scabies.jpg

NOT to be confused with bl** waffle. :lol:

Wash your hands, and help your kids wash theirs too.

Influ A and B now in my classroom. Fun times! (no, not really!)

Back