What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanQuinn87

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So i have decided to make a start with decorating the other bedroom in my house for my boy Jak to have as an actual kids bedroom for him instead of it just being a plain, spare room that he uses when staying with me. :p I have started to empty all the stuff out of the room. As you will notice in the photos, the wallpaper has already been mostly stripped off as i done that a wee while ago. :p

Startiing Point 1.JPG Startiing Point 2.JPG Startiing Point 3.JPG

Thing I Need To Buy...
  • Lining Paper, Paste & Papering Tools (View)
  • Poly-Filler, Sanding Blocks & Pink Grip (View)
  • Emulsion: Grey & Red
  • Gloss: Grey & White
  • Bed, Sheets, Covers & Pillows
  • Bedroom Door & Handles
  • Blind
  • Curtains
  • Television
  • Wardrobes
  • Wood For Boiler Partition (Sheet)
  • Wood For Boiler Partition (Frame)
  • Flooring Lino
  • Flooring Beading
Decorating To-Do Checklist...
  • Empty Out Room (View)
  • Put Shelves In Cupboard + Paint Them (View)
  • Strip Remaining Wallpaper
  • Poly-Filler Cracks and Holes
  • Sand Skirting & Door Frames
  • Put Up Lining Paper On Wall & Ceiling
  • Build Boiler Partition
  • Paint 2 Walls (Grey)
  • Paint 2 Walls (Red)
  • Paint Ceiling (Grey)
  • Paint Skirting & Door Frames (Grey)
  • Paint Skirting & Door Frames (Red)
  • Paint Main Room Door (White Outside & Red Inside)
  • Paint Cupboard Door (All Grey)
  • Lay Flooring: Lino (Grey)
  • Hang Blind
  • Hang Curtains
  • Add New TV Unit
  • Add New TV
  • Add New Bed
  • Add New Wardrobes
I will post updates on this thread as i go along. :D Please let me know what you think of it as it takes shape. :D

Last edited:
im terrible at this sort of stuff so what i do is google show rooms then i get ideas from there lol. ill help u decorate if u like. i wanna learn to wallpaper n that lol

Im buying the lining paper tomorrow then once that is up im gonna paint it. :D You can help if you like. :D Cheers mate :D

So with the room all emptied out (except the bed and unit in the middle that will have a sheet over them)...

room emptied.JPG

Im to strip the remaining parts wallpaper today and start the lining paper tomorrow when i get the paste. :D There inst much paper left on the walls really, just few small bits here and there and some on the ceiling. :D

This is Poly-Filler, Pink Grip and Sanding Blocks i need. :D I also managed to get a hold of a drill and a saw a loan of as i didn't have them. :D

IMG_8481.JPG

Decorating this room was delay or a short bit, i was hoping to have it wallpapered by now, but hey, i will get alot done today. :D The reason it has been delayed is because i had to put shelves up in the cupboard that was in this room. I wasn't originally going to do this, but when i got started and has to finish it. :p I will post post of the finished cupboard with new shelves in it when i have finished painting it today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back