What's new

Reducing Monthly Bills!

our ARM adjusts starting August it goes up about $150 a month so we need to cut expences and I need to get one of those annoying job things

Pffft! Not recommended. Really cuts into CW time and napping!

well we could live in MoJos basement har har

seriouly were not doing bad but we aint doing great either and I need to be helping

I don't have advice on the alarm system, but you should definitely check out WOW for internet, cable and phone service. We switched in December 2009 to WOW and now only pay 79.99 a month -- with tax and fees it comes out to 93.00 for phone, internet and cable. The phone line is a voice over IP, but we have not had a single problem with it. We get about 100 channels, no movie channels. I know that Comcast is running something similar so you might want to call them back. Last week we had someone try to sell us the same Comcast services and they were coming in at 89.99 a month.

I haven't read everything, but your comcast bill is outrageous. My DH calls them about every 6 months, does some talking to them and they give us some other "deal" that keeps it within reason. We have a couple times gone from full to basic cable. Leave it at basic for a while and then when you call again, they'll give you some deal to bring it back up. Right now I know we're paying less than $100 for HD Cable with HBO and high speed internet. I'd have to ask DH for the exact amount. I'd call again or go ahead and switch. I saw something on TV where this couple really took a look at what they watch on TV and it was cheaper to increase their internet speed and hook the computer up to the TV to watch their shows than it was to continue to use some cable or dish service.

We've had no land line since we got married. We found we mostly used the phone to talk to each other and the only other calls we got were from telemarketers. Haven't missed it a bit.

our ARM adjusts starting August it goes up about $150 a month so we need to cut expences and I need to get one of those annoying job things

Jo, you're not doin' it right. :lol: 9-5 is when I have more opportunities to be online than any other time. :giggles:

We have basic basic cable and pay around $25 a month from comcast. You need to strip out everything. You don't need all those channels and free movies etc. We rarely watch tv anyway.

Or get a tv and rabbit ears. The digital signal over the air in chicago is great. You get a bunch of channels for free.

Back