What's new

Requesting a day off at work

G

Ok tell me if this is fair. I work only saturdays because of school and stuff 9-4. I've never missed a day of work and never been late or anything i stay later than i have to and don't get any breaks. My grandmother died just this wednesday. They say you need to request off 2 weeks in advance before the schedule is made. So i call up as soon as i find out i need to take off saturday because her mass will be then. Anyway i call up and they say i can if i can find someone to replace my aligned time. I call up everyone that was in the employee book and none of them can work or switch days with me. They still!! don't let me off i mean wtf?!?! If they can't make one exception once i will just quit, what does everyone else think?

Dude, its mcdonalds............ Theres allways wendys, burger king! QUIT if they dont let j00, dont let minimum wadge control you, YOUR BETTER !!!!!

Don't show up and bring some sort of proof about where you were. Sorry about your grandmother man, it's probably tough on you. Anyway bring like some proof and then if they have a problem tell them you were a perfect worker and then depending on there reaction either announce your 2 weeks notice or I guess just take the !!!! from them knowing you only work there a couple of hours.

You must rake in like $20 a week after taxes man, time to find a new job or get some more hours.

Yea, age 14 was harsh for meh!
Im 16 and still unemployed but looking, puter parts are adding up like crazy!

eh i get like 35 i think since i'm 14 and not taxed heavily. I'll just walk out of that place as soon as i have somewhere else to go.

Gotta love the youngn's ;) Xeno, you make a retorting comment I smack you =)

Don't show up and bring some sort of proof about where you were. Sorry about your grandmother man, it's probably tough on you. Anyway bring like some proof and then if they have a problem tell them you were a perfect worker and then depending on there reaction either announce your 2 weeks notice or I guess just take the !!!! from them knowing you only work there a couple of hours.

You must rake in like $20 a week after taxes man, time to find a new job or get some more hours.

unknown, do like what the one stoner does in 1/2 baked, Whos coming with me!!!

lol yea the record sales dude with the other girl thats a lesbian. It turned out not too bad they just gave me an option of working friday or sunday so i worked a couple hours today (friday) and prolly another 4 hours sunday

lol, as long as you dont go poor just do what ever joo want

Getting fired from McDonald's is like losing a $1 scratch ticket

you dont get taxed by how old you are, its how much you make.

and ya... get a new job + more hours if you want to be able to buy anything :|

i would but no other place hires at 14 and its nice to have extra cash to go out and buy stuff once in awhile.

See if you can work at Best Buy and then pwn those mother!!!!ers who are unqualified and know nothing!

16 to work at bestbuy show room 18 comp department

yea i still have a year and like a week to work somewhere good

Back