Scardy cat.....

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
I am freaking out a lil bit.... gonna take my first class today @ the Gym. What If I am the fat girl that can't keep up?? :surrender: I swear if one of them size 2 beyotches gimme any dirty looks .... it's on like Donkey Kong!

I found my YMCA passes this weekend Heather....was thinking of you. What gym are you going to?

You'll be fine! If you go to the back of the class, then nobody can see you... I did that when I did classes :giggles:. I just walk & jog now. Congrats on taking action!!!

Xsport Niles... I was going to take a Zumba class @ the Park District. It was $80ish bucks for 2 months/ 1 class a week.

Instead.... Xsport is $39.99 a month (no contract) and I can take TONS of classes, use all the equiptment, swim, hot tub etc. Obviously this was the better deal... LOL :)

It's a bit more money then I would like but it keeps me busy and out of the fridge. It's important to me and DH respects that... so I fit it into the budget.

You'll be fine! If you go to the back of the class, then nobody can see you... I did that when I did classes :giggles:. I just walk & jog now. Congrats on taking action!!!

Thanks! :) That's a good idea..... stay in the back for now! :lol:

Get there early. The back of the room is a popular spot. If you are late you are doomed to the front.

Xsport Niles... I was going to take a Zumba class @ the Park District. It was $80ish bucks for 2 months/ 1 class a week.

Instead.... Xsport is $39.99 a month (no contract) and I can take TONS of classes, use all the equiptment, swim, hot tub etc. Obviously this was the better deal... LOL :)

It's a bit more money then I would like but it keeps me busy and out of the fridge. It's important to me and DH respects that... so I fit it into the budget.

Interesting to know the price there. About the same price as single membership @ Y.

Their classes are free w/membership?

AND you can take as many as you wish!

You can take as many classes as you want at the Y, too. Those are good classes though, Zumba, Cardio Kick and TurboKick I think would be the ones I'd take if I were going.

Is the kids area an extra cost?

I see they have a free 7 day pass...hmmm..maybe I'll do it sometime! Tell me how you like the classes.

The Y I used to belong to charged you for each class. The membership fee covered your ability to walk in the door and use the pool, nothing else.

The kids are is $1.00 per hour... OR $10.00 per month unlimited uses (max 2 hours a day)

The Y I used to belong to charged you for each class. The membership fee covered your ability to walk in the door and use the pool, nothing else.

Guess different Ys are different, I was specifically speaking of the Chicago Metro Y that is near me and MrsPiggy. I know when I lived in Waukegan I did have to pay for YMCA classes, but that was in the '90s.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing MrsPiggy...do you know if that's $10/mo/child? or $10/membership? (I've got 3 that would need care)

The XSport is a lot closer to me than the Y. And sounds like their classes are better. But my kids would miss the Y pool. But right now I'm paying $70/mo, $40-50/mo would be nicer...

Guess different Ys are different, I was specifically speaking of the Chicago Metro Y that is near me and MrsPiggy. I know when I lived in Waukegan I did have to pay for YMCA classes, but that was in the '90s.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing MrsPiggy...do you know if that's $10/mo/child? or $10/membership? (I've got 3 that would need care)

The XSport is a lot closer to me than the Y. And sounds like their classes are better. But my kids would miss the Y pool. But right now I'm paying $70/mo, $40-50/mo would be nicer...

Yikes! I think it's PER KID... but I will check when I go later :)

I love Xsport!!! 24 hours of no excuses..lol..including holidays..hehehehe

EXACTLY!! NO EXCUSES!!

LOL...i know. You cant say that you dont have time because the gym is closed. When i lost all my weight ( i have since gained back 20 pds, but that is a different story..lol) I went at odd hours with my boyfriend (2am, 4am) and there was always, i mean always someone working out no matter what time. I loved it. i need to sign back up again and have it where i can go to all gyms, so no matter where i am i can just pop into one. By the way, keep up the good work you look amazing!!!! Hardwork pays off!!

you can do it! good luck & keep us posted how youre doing =)

LOL...i know. You cant say that you dont have time because the gym is closed. When i lost all my weight ( i have since gained back 20 pds, but that is a different story..lol) I went at odd hours with my boyfriend (2am, 4am) and there was always, i mean always someone working out no matter what time. I loved it. i need to sign back up again and have it where i can go to all gyms, so no matter where i am i can just pop into one. By the way, keep up the good work you look amazing!!!! Hardwork pays off!!

Thanks ! Yeah you already worked hard, don't let it catch up to u!

Sooo I FINALLY... bit the bullet and went to the 5:30PM class it was called Muscle Max ... AND it kicked my ****! But I kept up and there where a buncha skinny hoes there having to take breaks and I didn't have to take one! I felt so good! A little boost to the ego there... and I only felt awkward once.. they had us lay on our step board thing and try to point our hands and feet toward the ceiling only using your abs.. well I felt like a beached whale and really couldn't do it.... but I kept trying! So I give myself credit for that! I really enjoyed it!

Thanks for listening guys, I know most of you are prolly thinking I am a moron but... I am proud of myself! :)

Great job Piggy! You must take a Turbokick class for me! You'll love it but it will kick your ****!

Back