What's new

Scary Stats from the '^ person above you' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thank Buster for making one very spammed thread:

Number of Posts by WG Members in the '^ person above you' thread'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Posts: 1,197
Silverstrand 218
Typheus 184
codePhoenix 168
Lord Lupus 129
Buster 82
xNaChOx 76
Pedestrian 57
Ahmed 54
Mechknuckles 23
Ian 22
Fade 21
wwizardmaster 19
Eddie 15
GINA 12
toothcake 10
Raw64life 9
faint 9
Nemesis 8
Manex 7
Scatophobe 7
Sodge 7
BGBW 6
ferret 4
Calzone 4
Haver 4
MrLister 4
Harry 3
etniz 3
Shpook 3
ziroi 2
dna 2
d2alio 2
Matt 2
ilopan 1
CypherT 1
Falconix 1
Xeo 1
maniac 1
Link 1
Disordered 1
bada§§buddy 1
Kazuki 1
devian 1
ENzo 1
BigD 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now lets do a little math: Silverstrand, who has the mosts posts in this thread, has made 218 of his 431 posts in this thread. That is a whopping 50.58% (rounded to the nearest hundreth) of his posts. So more than half of Silverstrands posts are in this one thread.

You get similar numbers for Typheus, who is #2 in ^ person above you posts. Out of his 318 posts, 57.86% (rounded to the nearest hundreth) were made in this thread ALONE.

The rest of the numbers for individual users are obviously better, but nothing to be proud of. Even 15% percent of your posts or more in this thread is bad.

Some more stunning facts: 31% of all the posts in the Lounge are in this one thread. And 12% of the posts in the entire community are in this thread

Is it just me, or does anyone else here think that having all this go into one thread hurts the community?

I think people should get the word out that you should not be making all your posts in one thread that has nothing at all to do with the main site's goals: gaming. I am no innocent bystander, but that doesn't mean that I cannot express my feelings. I think something should be done.

This is not degrading from the topic. Its a nice forum game. Why, I have it going at my forum! I just am saying that at this place, it is out of control.

What should be done? Thats for you to decide. :)

This may be more fit for the debate forum, GINA or MrLister. :)

Well, there arent many interesting topics on these forums really. ^ acts as a constant fun post.

Still, it takes away from the main point of the forum. You don't see any interesting topics? Start some interesting topics. It's not that hard.. Get something that is interesting and share it.. ;)

LoL. Is this your way of defending the fact that a whopping half of ALL of your posts are in a thread that is there for "fun" and has nothing to do with the general focus of the forum?

I am not ragging on you at all, but I am just saying.. The thread sways people that should be posting in other places away from the meaningful parts of this community. :)

I would say 'Leave it! It is a great part of this community!' and as Silver said, the '^ person above you' thread acts as a constant fun post.

I don't think it matters how many posts the user has as opposed to how the user contributes. That thread is meant to serve as a "fun" or a distraction thread which works.

Wow. I see your point Nacho...

Those are some pretty outrageous numbers, but here's my input...

It's better to have some sort of posting then to have none. Afterall, if this thread wasn't here then probably most of the members wouldn't be here because it is the most active Thread in the Community.

I have 54 posts in that thread? Wow I didn't even know...
I guess it's because since that is perhaps the only active thread, I reply to it oftenly....

I say we should leave it for the above reasons...

..........HA.....HAHA........lol, Nacho nice........... I mean it must of took alot of time to get all those stats. I mean how did you find out how many times every person has posted on that thread! Did you actully count each page! (no probably an easier method right?)

Anyway in response to me creating it and it being my fault that this thread is on this forum making everyone spam like a mother, Well.....If I didn't start it Codephonex would of. He was the first one to start it in the old wired gamers.

But as Mr. Lister said, the thread is a pure fun thread. And the reason the post count on that thread is so is because people sometimes get lost in the fun of it and they post alot, ITS SOO MUCH FUN THEY KEEP ON POSTING.

Plus its the only thread where you can basically write one line and its considered a post. For the people who want to post something, but don;t really feel like thinking and saying something meaniful they can just post on that thread.

Also on another note, if your tired of all the ACTUAL posting on the forum, like meaniful things that relate to the topic you can go to "^ person above you" and SPAM TO YOUR HEART'S DESIRE.

And since all that spamming will be out of you on to that thread, you won't spam on other more serious threads.

SEE, THE THREAD IS VERY HELPFUL AND FUN! You can not kill it...........it would be a crime against humanity!

PLUS IF YOU DO!........I MIGHT JUST GO CRAZY AND SPAM ON EVERY THREAD AND RUIN THE FORUM!!! (not really........)

LoL Buster I got the numbers of posts from the forum. Look around the forum, you will find how I did it. :)

I find it spammy and useless. While it may sustain activity, it stiffles creativity. People come, see the thread, post in it, and feel they've somehow contributed to the community. The truth is however, no meaningful discussions or ideas or thoughts are really shared in this thread at all. Lock; lock please.

EDIT: Besides, how valuable is the activity this thread generates when it's only concentrated on one line posts inside that thread?

That is my point reiterated. ;)

What is really going into the posts in this thread? That is the question. :)

xNaChOx, you have just given the perfect example of an interesting topic! This thread expresses what I wasn't able to put into words. It's (IMO) one big pointless session that gets very old, very quick. Like Nacho has already pointed out, it sort of detracts from the community goal. Plus, when 12% of the posts in the ENTIRE community is in this thread, incoming new members start to question the credibility of the quality of posts here. Of course, an Off Topic section is necessary, but I just find it disturbing that so many posts have gone into that thread...1200. Goodness.

The only argument against mine is the fact that many of you find it a fun session, and I can understand that. I don't expect it to happen, but I think it should be locked. (and maybe even deleted, but that would remove 1200 posts from various members. Sorta messes things up a bit.)

Those are very interesting stats indeed.

Good point....

Makes me rethink the whole situation....

Hmmm....

Can't seem to decide on something, so I'll post my thought as soon as I can think of something, lol.

i have always hated that thread, but i never close it because it seems others like it. although it may be fun for you guys, everytime i go in there it seems you all are just spamming away. you're bearly playing the game the way it should be played.

but who am i to say what's fun or what's not? it just a silly game.

...i hate that **** thread :whomped:

Wow half want, and half hate this thread.. Great talk, keep it coming..

Originally posted by Scatophobe
I find it spammy and useless. While it may sustain activity, it stiffles creativity. People come, see the thread, post in it, and feel they've somehow contributed to the community. The truth is however, no meaningful discussions or ideas or thoughts are really shared in this thread at all. Lock; lock please.

EDIT: Besides, how valuable is the activity this thread generates when it's only concentrated on one line posts inside that thread?

Yes, PLEASE lock. It was fun for a while, but now...bleh.

this thread sucks and should be locked

and i mean this thread here, not the '^person above you' thread.

notice that from a person that never posted there.

dont like it, dont post in it. if you really care about your postcount, you dont have a life

agreed. i think lots of people post in 'person above you' to up their post count. who cares, seriously

to my boy, i don't think i'll lock it, there's no reason to. i think lots of threads suck, but i don't lock all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back