What's new

School Sends Kids to Closed Amusement Park

GoingNova

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Four bus loads of students from O'Brien Middle School made the four-hour trip to Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo, Calif., only to find the amusement park's gates locked Monday. The school-sponsored trip was supposed to reward top students.

"It was pretty much a fiasco," said Washoe County School District spokesman Steve Mulvenon. "They ended up wasting a day that those kids could have better spent in class or doing what they were going to do at the park."

School officials said the $50 fee will be refunded, and the tour company that arranged the trip has agreed to pay for the next one. "The tour company neglected to check the schedule," Mulvenon said.

"It is just a bummer for the kids," said parent Jeff Wood. "Now, they will have to wait another month to go and a lot of the kids might not be able to go then."

Read the Rest

I would be pissed if I was one of the kids.... Watch out!!!!

It truly is unfortunate, but lets hope they at least learned a valuable lesson: LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

Reminds me of the time when I was in 5th grade, and my friend Paul and I won the school Science Fair. We were supposed to compete in the district Science Fair with about 20 other schools. Well, long story short, our priniciple gave us the wrong date. We showed up at the University where it was held one Saturday late. :sad2:

Man if that was me I would be so pissed off, I haven't been to Six Flags since I was like 5 because its always packed.

Chrisl0 said:
Man if that was me I would be so pissed off, I haven't been to Six Flags since I was like 5 because its always packed.

Man if I was one of those kids I would be hotter that the deepest depths of hell for wasting four good hours of my time to go to a Six Flags thats not even open. I have never been to Six Flags so that would make me even more pissed.

Well I blame the people whom organized this. Like it was it too hard to verify that the park would be open that day!?!?! Also they probably could have gotten a deal/discount, since it was group. Talk about intelligent educators. Even I call before I head somewhere, if I am unsure of the hours. DUH!!

BabyBuddha said:
Well I blame the people whom organized this. Like it was it too hard to verify that the park would be open that day!?!?! Also they probably could have gotten a deal/discount, since it was group. Talk about intelligent educators. Even I call before I head somewhere, if I am unsure of the hours. DUH!!

Intelligence is so hard to find now days.

Lil'Jeffery34 said:

Man if I was one of those kids I would be hotter that the deepest depths of hell for wasting four good hours of my time to go to a Six Flags thats not even open. I have never been to Six Flags so that would make me even more pissed.

Yea what a buzz kill. Six Flags is nice when your young but when you get older you start to notice the hordes of people and it ruins the experience.

BabyBuddha said:

Yea common sense dictates that you would do that, but they probably lacked it.

I would be red if that had happened to me...I mean yes it's ok that they are settling it next month...but at a time when most cannot go...

idiots!

I might be going to Six Flags in May, while I am in Boston!
I can't wait to go tho... my first real vacation ever really.
Well a travelling one....

I hope you go during a week day or the place will be swamped with people.

Well we are leaving here on a Thurday and coming back on a Monday, so I don't know when we might go... but most likely on a sat... I know... ouch!

Yea even if you went early Friday and the weather is good people will probably play hookie and go to it.

What idiot would not :
1. Check to learn the hours of operation for the Park
2. Check on group rates for the Park

Hell if those two simple steps couldn't be taken I don't think I would want my child in their care! Numb nuts!

Back