What's new

School Shopping..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

How much have you spent this year???

• Less than $100 **** the kids... Make 'em buy their own ****...

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • $100-$299 Not too bad... Could have been worse.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $300-$600 Week's earnings down the drain

• $600+ Tell us about your second mortgage...

• Total voters
BitterPen said:
Y dry erase markers, ziplock bags, folders, and the list goes on...
Dry erase markers? Why do the students need to buy something the teachers use?

Martin said:
Bring it on biatch
Ho, I brang it, opened it, and served it up!!111 *Snaps neck side to side*

Not very well brruuung I'd say, now talk to the hand.

Last week was some **** at Old Navy for family of emplyee's too. but I was broke.

Martin said:
Why do kids need clothes for school?

Are they required to wear something special?
Well if you can you want to buy you kids nicer clothes than the rest of the kids, and you NEVER want to send you kids to school after summer break (or winter break ) with any clothes they had before the break. They will go laughed at and picked on.

When I was a little kid we called those kids Raggedy Anns and Raggedy Andys :p I don't know how that came about using that term, someones parent must have said it and it caught on :lol:

Deviant said:
Dry erase markers? Why do the students need to buy something the teachers use?

Because the teacher's get paid ****, so we have to buy them supplies?

I was in shock last year when they asked us to buy 2 or 3 of everything on the list, so they could have it "in stock" all year. I know some of that **** gets left over from the last year, so I think it's a crock of ****...

BitterPen said:

I was in shock last year when they asked us to buy 2 or 3 of everything on the list, so they could have it "in stock" all year. I know some of that **** gets left over from the last year, so I think it's a crock of ****...
That blows

BitterPen said:
Wait I just reread this last page again. Are you saying you have to buy supplies only the teacher use's, or only the teachers use's most of the time and not the kids :huh:

Kyp said:
Wait I just reread this last page again. Are you saying you have to buy supplies only the teacher use's, or only the teachers use's most of the time and not the kids :huh:

The kids do not use the dry erase markers, nor do they use the bleach cleaner. We buy supplies for the whole class... It's retarded.

:rolleyes:

BitterPen said:
The kids do not use the dry erase markers, nor do they use the bleach cleaner. We buy supplies for the whole class... It's retarded.

Thats ****ed up. I think I would have a BIG problem with that. It shouldn't be the parents job to supply that crap. It costs parents enough for all the other stuff let a lone what the teachers need

Give the teacher the bill for the clothes :p

I just got back from my final bit of shopping... I spent $60 on shoes, and the rest of the supplies were $25. This year I got out right at $300. That's not too bad considering the kids are at the ages where they grow a lot... They'll need more clothes by XMas, I'm sure.

BitterPen said:

Well, you gave a mouse a cookie and you're all surprised he wants a handjob now?

PROTEST

You can say that "it is for the teachers to use not my kid", but who the hell do you think they are writing **** on the board for?

The teachers shouldn't have to buy those basic classroom supplies, especially not with the ****ty salaries they get paid in far too many areas. And yes neither should the parents be forced to go out and get them either. The school'd budgets should be providing such things. But of course that gets forgotten when it is time to raise taxes or school fees to get the money for that. But yet the superintendents and administrators never seem to fail to get their pay increases.

Most of the teachers I had were evil ****es, but they werewell paid ****es. Considering the amount of time they actually work. I heard somewhere that Texas teachers salaries were one of the lowest in the nation......yet they never had us buy THEIR own supplies.

When I become a mechanic I can't charge everyone or my employer for basic tools I will need...It's a given that you would need to pay that outta your own pocket.

Deviant said:
Most of the teachers I had were evil ****es, but they werewell paid ****es. Considering the amount of time they actually work. I heard somewhere that Texas teachers salaries were one of the lowest in the nation......yet they never had us buy THEIR own supplies.

When I become a mechanic I can't charge everyone or my employer for basic tools I will need...It's a given that you would need to pay that outta your own pocket.

You can choose any mechanic you want to go to, or to not go to one at all. School is not a business on the corner it is a required is part of your community.

But if you go to work in a shop and they make you supply your own lift and all of your own tools you might want to take a look somewhere else. For example we supply all of our work crews with all the basic tools they need to do their jobs. If you think about it most jobs do provide much of what that employee will need to do their job. I didn't have to buy the pc I am typing at or furnish anything in my office and I don't have to bring my own pens and paper to work either.

So why should teachers have to buy supplies they need just to teach their classes?

Eison said:
So why should teachers have to buy supplies they need just to teach their classes?

No, the question is why do only the teachers in Vegas NOT have to and force some poor kid to buy all THEIR stuff.

I think it's stupid. Let's leave it at that.

Deviant said:
No, the question is why do only the teachers in Vegas NOT have to and force some poor kid to buy all THEIR stuff.

I think it's stupid. Let's leave it at that.

Isn't Jana in Tennessee?

But anyway, it is not just in Vegas, Tennessee or any one place. It is getting to be fairly common in a lot of areas across the US. And a lot of people don't like it or don't understand the situation, but expecting teachers to provide all of their basic classroom supplies is asinine.

However, wanting or expecting the school and school districts to provide such things is not. These lists are more often than not generated by the schools and are the same for every student/classroom. And many of the things, like the cleaning supplies for example, should be provided by the school.

Eison said:
Isn't Jana in Tennessee?

but expecting teachers to provide all of their basic classroom supplies is asinine.

I'm sure it's Nevada. My mother and grandmother bought their own supplies (both were teachers)

I don't mean to go back and forth but when I think about that happening here I think of the young poor kids (which is the majority of kids here) who can barely afford new clothes for school having to buy some person their own supplies when that person makes about 40 to 45k a year and the kids parents COMBINED barely make 35k a year.

****, up untill highschool all my parentscould afford me were two pairs of pants and four shirts to alternate throughout the WHOLE YEAR. Could you imagine what it woulda been like if they also had to buy teahers' supplies for 4 kids?

Back