What's new

Searching Out The Lowest Corn Prices

Rainy Day Mom

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We are all aware of the high temps and the lack of sufficient rainfall this summer. The news keeps guessing how high the prices of many things are going to rise. Obviously, vegetables will go up, and corn especially.

So with that in mind.... I thought I better get moving on finding the best prices out there for corn. I figure we will see some sales here and there, but wanted to find the current baseline prices.

I am starting with 15.25oz. canned corn, as my freezer is full of meat (which is also going to go up). My family doesn't mind canned corn and I love that it won't expire for 2 years!

Keep in mind these are the shelf prices.

I started with Jewel and surprisingly they had a wide selection of brands!
DelMonte- $1.49 (My favorite brand but OUCH!)
Green Giant -$1.49
Libby's- 4/$5.00 aka $1.25ea
Everyday Essentials- .99cents
Shopper's Value- .89 cents

Next up,
Meijer
DelMonte- .99cents
Green Giant- .98cents
Meijer Brand- .84 cents

Sam's Club
8 pack of cans- $5.05 aka .64cents ea

I will check out WalMart next and report my findings.
I hope that some of you might find this helpful or at least interesting. :lol:

The $1.00/2 EE canned vegi Q is good till 8-10 from e-mail. They also have the 'no salt added'.

Don't know the price tho

E.E. at my local Jewel was .99 cents each, so with the Q 2/.98 is a good deal.
I have only tried E.E. Black Beans, so not sure how their other veggies are. The Black Beans were good.

No matter how cheap the Shopper's Value canned veggies are~ I'm not planning on trying them. I'm guessing them to be a step below Aldi.

Libby's is on sale at Jewel now 4/$3 (15oz) and you get a $1 cat back wyb 4. There was a $1/4 available for a short time last week which, if you got it, gets you down to 25c a can

This morning's Hy-Vee ad shows Butter Kernel veggies @ .39 a can...doesn't say anything about limits...price good thru 08/14...

I read the title of this post and thought - what do you guys feed corn to? Sorry farm girl in me thought you were talking about livestock corn feed.

County Market this week has Freshlike veggies 0.49 each with coupon from mailers - limit 10.

Back