What's new

'Secret' letter from Iraq

Samiam

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
This is definitely worth a read. I realize it should probably been in the current events section, but things seem to get lost in there quickly...and this is very worthwhile.

It's a letter home from a soldier in Iraq. He simply tells it like it is, with a bit of sarcasm, a bit of dry humour (about as much as one can have in that situation), and a lot of emotion. You'll enjoy it no matter what side of the debate you're on.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1543658-1,00.html

that's a very compelling account of life there.

Thanks for the link.

I guess it is a statement of how jaded I am, but my first thought is to wonder if a soldier actually wrote that and not an armed forces pr person.

But it is still a good read, thanks for the link S-Mark.

I wouldn't call it much of anything untill I had verification of it's authenticity, but that's just me. Then again it doesn't have any sort of propaganda.

I wouldn't call it much of anything untill I had verification of it's authenticity, but that's just me. Then again it doesn't have any sort of propaganda.

Well that's the thing. Even if it's a fake, it doesn't pick sides...I don't really see why anyone else would write that and not include a political agenda.

Back