What's new

Sending prayers.....

Swale2010

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to take the time and let each one of you that I am sending prayers to all that need them. I have been trying to read your requests and feel that I am missing alot of them.......the last week I have been experiencing quite a bit of girl drama in the house....mainly from my DD...but what she is feeling is not unfounded. She just does not know how to deal with it. I have told her that she has to be honest and let Sylvia know that things that she is doing is hurting her and other people. That being honest and truthful is the best way to go....but somehow I turn out to be the bad person in all this.

So please know that I am sending prayers to each of you...because you all mean to much to me.:flowers:

Hang in there, Patty. How is it going aside from the drama? Is Sylvia staying long term?

I know definately through the school year....and I am up for the challange of Senior year....but I have seen a decline in her, which is normal in the grieving process...she is acting out when it comes to Michelle...and there is always two sides to every story...

:huggy: I'm sure on some level she is jealous/resentful of your DD because it didn't happen to her. Combined with the awkwardness of living with people you don't really know because of a horrifying situation, not really knowing how to express gratitude & being separated from your siblings...it's just a lot for her & everyone else. Hopefully your DD has some activities & interests that will take her away from Sylvia for periods of time to give her a break. It's tough. I know here, we CHOSE this after talking about it with the kids for 3+ years, but didn't really think it would effect DD14 the way it is. I guess no matter how you slice it, there's a stranger living in your house & they aren't leaving any time soon, so of course it there are issues that come along with it. It's an adjustment, for sure.

:huggy:

It's time for therapy and she is really pushing back on it insisting that she is fine.....I told her therapy is not "not an option"...and I would be here when she is ready....unfortunately....I think it should start...she has a bottle of depression medication in my cabinet that her mom filled in October....that worries me. She has only taken one since she has been here and I explained to her that she has to either take them or not...she can not skip....she has also told me that she started having panic attacks about six months ago.....

I PM'd you our new therapists contact info. She deals with traumatized children- anxiety, PTSD, etc. Might be worth a phone call. I really like her & feel like she can "fix" DD8.

:huggy: I'm sure on some level she is jealous/resentful of your DD because it didn't happen to her. Combined with the awkwardness of living with people you don't really know because of a horrifying situation, not really knowing how to express gratitude & being separated from your siblings...it's just a lot for her & everyone else. Hopefully your DD has some activities & interests that will take her away from Sylvia for periods of time to give her a break. It's tough. I know here, we CHOSE this after talking about it with the kids for 3+ years, but didn't really think it would effect DD14 the way it is. I guess no matter how you slice it, there's a stranger living in your house & they aren't leaving any time soon, so of course it there are issues that come along with it. It's an adjustment, for sure.

:huggy:

You are so insightful....now if I can explain this to Michelle without her feeling like she is less important than Sylvia...Michelle is short tempered and speaks before she thinks when it comes to me...she does not do this with other people...just me and DH...she calms down after she has time to think about things but when she is in the moment it is not good....for me at least...I can't say the right things without her taking it as favortism.

and :huggy: to you too...

I definately need to calm down and stop worrying so much....always trying to "fix" things...I'm letting the girl's figure out the normal girl **** on their own...but it is hard watching them both struggle in their own ways.

Thank your for the information....

I reallyyyyyyy had to (and still have to) spell it out for DD14 when it comes to DD8. My DD14 can be really awful & intolerant to DD8 because DD8 is a pain in the ****- bossy, demanding, self-centered...very much like DD14. :lol: But since I sat DD14 down and aid it on the line for her, she has been better. I thought she "got it" because obviously foster kids have had it bad, but she didn't totally get everything that DD8 has been through until I told her what has happened to her & also HOW that makes DD8 feel all. the. time. I've also been trying to do more things with ONLY DD14, just like before, so she still has her Mommy Time, which she denies needing, but obviously needs. ;)

I reallyyyyyyy had to (and still have to) spell it out for DD14 when it comes to DD8. My DD14 can be really awful & intolerant to DD8 because DD8 is a pain in the ****- bossy, demanding, self-centered...very much like DD14. :lol: But since I sat DD14 down and aid it on the line for her, she has been better. I thought she "got it" because obviously foster kids have had it bad, but she didn't totally get everything that DD8 has been through until I told her what has happened to her & also HOW that makes DD8 feel all. the. time. I've also been trying to do more things with ONLY DD14, just like before, so she still has her Mommy Time, which she denies needing, but obviously needs. ;)

I'm gonna let Michelle read this thread...something just came to mind...Michelle told me a while back that she does not get other's pains and sufferings because she has never gone through them herself...so I guess it is hard for her to have empathy....she needs to get this...she NEEDS to understand that she is a very lucky girl.....Michelle does not like to feel others pains because she does not know what to say to them....That my friend was a "light bulb" moment for me.

LOL...we need to get a pedi together...LOL she should appreciate it...she loves them and I hate peeps touching my feet...LOL....AND Sylvia hates feet too...so I am sure she will not feel that this is something she would like to do with us...LOL

also wanted to add....that Michelle needs to know that I love her more than life itself and will always be there for her even when she does not like me so much....

Back