What's new

Seriously, what is wrong with Georgia???

meowmeow

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I was just talking to an old friend who is relocating from Wisconsin to Florida. Her DH and three kids will be flying down on Saturday, however due to her work she will be driving the company car down by herself on Sunday. She wanted her oldest DD10 to drive down with her, but her DH said absolutely not. She told me she plans on stopping in Georgia on Sunday for the night and that is why her DH is upset. WHY? All she would say is that he said it is unsafe.

I have never been there further more driven through it but I figured a lot of the Disney people here might have traveled to Florida by car and possible stopped for the night in Georgia, could shed some insight.

I tried to Google search and come up with serious bad traffic in Atlanta, but nothing else.

I never really liked the guy but we haven't seen each other in 10+ years so no biggie ;)

There's nothing wrong with Georgia :tap:

Where exactly was she planning to stop that he says is too dangerous for the DD, and if he feels that way why is he letting wifey stay there ALONE?

There's nothing wrong with Georgia :tap:

Where exactly was she planning to stop that he says is too dangerous for the DD, and if he feels that way why is he letting wifey stay there ALONE?

I don't know where honestly.

But you hit the nail on the head, but I guess he has to be there for work Monday and she will not be in Florida until the afternoon on Monday.

I asked why she just doesn't stop in TN for the night but that got brushed off.

I drove from Chicago to Orlando and back. Stopped on the way back in Atlanta for the night. The hotel there was better than the one we had for one night in Orlando.

Not sure what the problem is - it was a beautiful, peaceful drive even with a not quite three year old in the back seat for 25+ hours.

Reminds me of a trip we made to Indiana a couple years ago and a neighbor asked why we would take a weekend vacation in the murder capital of the USA (Indiana????????) Alrighty now.... we had fun anyway.....

I drove from Chicago to Orlando and back. Stopped on the way back in Atlanta for the night. The hotel there was better than the one we had for one night in Orlando.

Not sure what the problem is - it was a beautiful, peaceful drive even with a not quite three year old in the back seat for 25+ hours.

My girlfriend said the same thing. LOL They drive to Florida every November. She said not to drive through Atlanta during rush hour and she told me to tell my friend not to speed in Georgia. LOL

See? This is why I have so few women friends.

There are things my DH does that I don't like. But I typically don't gripe about them to others, and if I do, I don't **** all over their advice.

:drama:

I know I watched too many cop shows in the 70s and 80s but I think the no speeding is so that they don't pull you over , open your trunk and while you're not looking, throw drugs in and then come to you with a "lookie here what I found" smirk under their handle-bar moustache. Told you I watched too many cop shows.

I have driven from IL to FL more times than I can count, usually "man-less" and usually with children ranging from infant to teenager. ATL is, IMO, the worst city to drive through along the way, so I take the bypass. It's trafficy & crowded, but I never felt unsafe.

I could just see my DH telling me I wasn't going to "do something." :snort:

I have a dear friend who is a Sheriff in GA, believe me if you are passing through Walker County its worth getting the speeding ticket to get a peep at him :woot:

LOL

We stayed in atl both times when driving to florida, i thought it was fine. I do know that speeding tickets are outrageous though, especially for out of state vehicles.

See? This is why I have so few women friends.

There are things my DH does that I don't like. But I typically don't gripe about them to others, and if I do, I don't **** all over their advice.

:drama:

I don't really get why people share their marital problems anyways. My BFF calls her MIL when her and her husband get in an argument....really? WTF? Also, we are friends with a couple and her DH's ****es to my DH about his wife, so basically I hear about their problems. DH said it is fairly common for people to talk negatively about their wives at work. I told him that he sure as hell better not be talking negatively about me.

This sounds like more of a marital communication issue than an issue of safety.

The devil went down to georgia... he was looking for a soul to steal...

Maybe the husbands isn't a Charlie Daniel's fan? ;)

I don't really get why people share their marital problems anyways. My BFF calls her MIL when her and her husband get in an argument....really? WTF? Also, we are friends with a couple and her DH's ****es to my DH about his wife, so basically I hear about their problems. DH said it is fairly common for people to talk negatively about their wives at work. I told him that he sure as hell better not be talking negatively about me.

OMG :lol:

LOLCat_personal_boundaries_by_SpiderLegs69.jpg

I called my MIL over the tutoring issue. (Can't remember what thread that drama was in).

For me it is simply expedience. I can 'discuss' it with my DH 67,513 times, or I can talk to her once. This is the only time I have done it :snicker:

I have to say it's probably not something I would do; I think it would be kind of emasculating (plus I could never dream of involve my ILs or parents that much in my marriage). But if tattling to his mommy got you what you needed and your DH has no problem with it, then more power to you :foryou:

Back