What's new

Seriously

meowmeow

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Are there any air fresheners that REALLY work?

My house does not stink by any means but I love strong floral scents. I have not yet found anything that really lingers.

I used to use a liquid potpourri burner with rose scents and walmart stopped carrying it. I do wish to find a plug in or something that can be left unattended unlike the burner.

I just use Yankee (type) candles (floral and clean type scents, no food). :9:

I love those Yankee plug ins! I usually splurge around the holidays and pick some up at Bed, Bath and Beyond (with a coupon of course :lol:). I like the cinnamon and evergreen scents for Christmas, and I will say that they definately do work. The house smells great.

Alright, forgive me, but as some may know I do not get out to a lot of different stores because of my disability, but how much do these candles and plug ins cost? I have heard of the Yankee Candle brand but I have never had any (go figure because my DH loves candles ;) )
Other than BB&B where else do you buy them???

Alright, forgive me, but as some may know I do not get out to a lot of different stores because of my disability, but how much do these candles and plug ins cost? I have heard of the Yankee Candle brand but I have never had any (go figure because my DH loves candles ;) )

Most Hallmark stores and many nice gift shops have them. There's also Yankee outlets.

I'm thinking they're pricey..........I think the large jar candle is around $22...........mebbe more, it's been a while since I bought my own as I usually get them as gifts.

I love ynkee candles. Kohls also sells them. I usually buy mine at bed bath and beyond. The large jar candles are around 25.00. You can ususally find printable qs for them. b1g1 or 10.00 off 25.00. Bed bath and beyond lets you use store qs to stack, they also frequently have store specials..buy a certain type of yankee candle and get a free smaller candle etc...I stock up and they are wonderful xmas presents.

A friend of mine just began selling a new product. These plug in smelly things are soooo good. Once you buy the melting pot, the refill scents are much cheaper than a Yankee Candle and the smell lasts so much longer.

https://kristrammell.scentsy.us/Browse

(Please delete if it's not ok to post this link)

The Wild Deal on the ShopAtHome site has had free votive or tarts twice in the past couple of weeks - no charge for shipping. The $1.49 candle charge gets rebated back into your ShopAtHome account and once a month a check is sent to you (when your balance is $20). I love this site 'cause they always have free liquid soap deals.

Scentsy which is done by home parties--they really last! It is a plug in warmer--you can mix and match scents--you pour the liquid out and can change out fragrances--I won one a few months ago (thanks CW FRIENDS) and won 6 scents--I still have all the scents and we use it all the time. Once it liquifies and you are done--you just pour it back into the container--it hardens and is ready to use again.
I use someone on facebook--because she does TONS of giveaways--I just won a small plug in one from her sight (which is wonderful) One warmer freshens our entire ranch house. Other people that i know that have bought them said they are great--
If you want to like her on facebook (she lives in IA) her name is Stephanie Simonson Sullivan. Super friendly--and will work with you on prices--she always has sale items, and items that are discontinued that she marks down etc. She even will send you free scents to try.
It just takes a 25 watt bulb in the warmer--which they sell pretty cheap.
My entire family loves the ones we have!!!

Jewel on Main Street Wheaton had a ton of votive candles on clearance--I think they were 25 cents. Some of the cashiers told me they buy them and they last a long time. I didn't buy any because we had plenty still from party lite--and I rarely use them because we love Scentsy. It is good to have some candles though in case power goes out--so for that price it might be worth getting a few!!

Love my Scentsy warmer! My sister gave it to me, along with a cube of each of the scents she had (tons of them!). With the cooler weather, it's time to start using the Pumpkin Roll scent again - love that one!

Back