What's new

Shoutboxes

LSUguy

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
How many of you use this mod on your forums? I liked it in the beginning, but I found it tends to detract from posting the longer the mod exists.

I have it on my DJ board, if it were entirely up to me I wouldn't bother. A few regular members use it just to BS back and fourth/leave jokes and stuff like that so I maintain it for them.

I set it on on vbsetup for the staff and support group, I think it can easily take post away from the forum is everyone uses it.

My biggest forum has never been without a shoutbox. I don't like it much, but my members do. Can't say it has kept anyone from posting or anything like that.

When my forum was small, I had a shoutbox. But as more members joined, the system resources that the shoutbox used got to be too much. I finally had to disable the shoutbox.

I have used them off and on. Sometimes they took away from the forums sometimes they didn't

I've never had one and I doubt that I ever will. Why take away from potential posts?

Instead you could link to a "good morning" type of thread or something if members want some small talk.

I had it too and took it down after a while. Not so much that people stopped posting, but it just did not fit on that board.

I do have a monthly chatnight on an other board, but no shout for me now.

Back