What's new

Show us yer stuff

Well--this could come as a surprise to you, but there has been discussion about whether or not making recordings using a karaoke track is legal. It would be at least 45 pages of arguing to go into it.

There are some sites that have gotten permission to use the tracks for members to record themselves which is what Danny posted. My boyfriend has two songs on one but you might have to join the site in order to hear them. Wouldn't that be fun for you?

I think you should do some personal investigations of your schill suspects and come on out and visit each show. Due to our history, if you come to ours you will be required to use the "drunk mic" and possibly have a chain link enclosure built around you in order to protect yourself and the equipment. But you might find the place to be an interesting diversion. Then we can all go together and check out one of Wall's shows. Haven't been yet and I'm sure we could lend you a tutu.

I dont know how to do the Utube thing....but every wedding if they request me to be there and sing "my signature songs" they pay extra 7 this year so far:sqbiggrin:

possumdog said:
Well--this could come as a surprise to you, but there has been discussion about whether or not making recordings using a karaoke track is legal.

Good -- keep discussing it, while we keep doing it...

One has to determine whether what one is doing, is causing harm to a manufacturer, or not. If not, it's all in good fun, has entertainment value, and helps said manufacturer... ;) :)

KjAthena said:
I dont know how to do the Utube thing....but every wedding if they request me to be there and sing "my signature songs" they pay extra 7 this year so far:sqbiggrin:

I'll show you how shortly -- still taking pics and videos. Getting sorta warm out there though, not sure how many more and I can do before melting... :sqerr:

SoftJock Rick said:
Show it, or walk... Simple as that.

You folks like to talk the talk, but I see no walk.

Put up, or shut up... :)

I haven't been able to post even a still shot on this forum since day one. My manage file button clicks but does nothing. No one has been able to solve the problem- you're up...

BTW, did you see me waving as I went by Sunday? I would have stopped, but I had a carful with a destination....

SoftJock Rick said:
I think this is a fine way to separate the real karaoke hosts, from the SC/KIAA schills... :)

'Fraid not, Rick. I know some hosts who can't sing a lick, but they bring in a buddy to get the show rolling....

A host running a busy show will probably not sing after the sound check...

I never claimed to be a stellar singer, I might have said decent but that really depends on the day. Bottom line is I will never be 'discovered' or win anything like "America's got talent" but at least I know how to have fun.. :)

The only video recoding device I have is on my digital camera and it won't record the sound properly, I've tried several times and all that comes out is a bunch of distorted noise.

But if I find them, I'll post a few mp3s.

-James

Back