What's new

Simon Cowel Leaves American Idol

jokerswild

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
According to ET Simon Cowel is leaving American Idol after this season to launch his show X Factor which he has been hosting in the UK.... all I can say is Yeah!!!

Paula Abdul gone - Strike One
Simon Cowel Leaving - Strike Two
Ellen Degeneres Coming - Strike Three

See Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

American Idol will still be on when I'm 65. Even if ratings fell 80% it would be higher rated than the now canceled Leno Show, NBA Basketball, and NHL Hockey. It makes no sense to ever cancel the show.

FYI: I hate the show.

DJ Cam said:
American Idol will still be on when I'm 65. Even if ratings fell 80% it would be higher rated than the now canceled Leno Show, NBA Basketball, and NHL Hockey. It makes no sense to ever cancel the show.

FYI: I hate the show.

Actually, an 80% drop would put it below Leno :sqwink:

FOX execs were worried last year, when the show averaged less than 20 million for the first time in history. I am going to bet it averages around 14 million this year without Paula, and next year, it will average about 9 million without Simon and Ellen (remember, Ellen has said from the beginning she will not do the show if Simon is not on it).

A 9 million average would not even make it a top 20 show.

That show sucks anyways...... It's run its course...Let It DIE!!:sqwink:

The MANY MILLIONS of viewers beg to differ.

That said, as a former FOX TV employee, American Idol is what the network waits for every year. It carries the network. Even on a local level, the $$$ brought in by that show are STAGGERING. One local commercial can pay for an entire year of some employee's salary. As you get near the finals, one commercial can pay middle management for a year. Or pay what was my salary when I was there.

My point being that FOX will do whatever it can to make this show work. I'm not saying it will... I have always thought that Simon was the important part... Paula could have been replaced successfully, but I doubt that Ellen DeGeneres is that person. In fact, because of her, I won't be watching.

But you can bet that FOX will attempt to make the changes to make it work. ( as long as Simon has sold them the rights to keep making the show )

Why do you care? Don't like the show? Don't watch.

I don't watch that trash.

How is one to really take that joke of a show serious, when it's been established, that they have stacked the deck with people that HAVE ALREADY HAD RECORDING CONTRACTS????

Isn't this totally against the whole meaning of this show??? People that have had recording contracts should never be allowed on that show.

I'm not really a fan of AI, I only watch it if I happen to be visiting someone who is a die hard fan and *has to* watch it. It is a cash cow though, I sometimes think I'm watching an hour long commercial with show breaks in between.

I never cared for Randy or Paula. Simon really makes the show by telling it like it is. I don't know what Ellen brings to the table but I do like her.

Let's just put it this way. Time Warner was threatening to take away Fox. I let Time Warner know, if Fox and American Idol goes, I go. Well, we still have Fox, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

I just cant miss Idol!

Lou

Precisionpower said:
I don't watch that trash.

How is one to really take that joke of a show serious, when it's been established, that they have stacked the deck with people that HAVE ALREADY HAD RECORDING CONTRACTS????

Isn't this totally against the whole meaning of this show??? People that have had recording contracts should never be allowed on that show.

So, again, why do you care? Just pay no attention to it. Just like I don't watch Survivor, Big Brother, The Bachelor or anything in the reality genre. Let it stay on a million years. It doesn't have to affect your life unless you let it.

Back