What's new

Singers sing the same 3 or 4 songs everytime they come to karaoke!

Bazza said:
I have a guy like that at my shows. I call him "No Repeat Rick".

:yothumbsup: I've done several weddings for a guy with that same nickname.

You've lost that lovin' feelin'.....

I myself used to practice new songs, in anticipation of them coming out on karaoke. Nowadays, I'm just so busy, that I rarely sing anything new, and only sing when I have to, such as getting a rotation started. I suppose that's a good thing, to be busy, as far as from a business perspective, but I guess I'm a little burned out also.....:yosigh:

I still enjoy running the shows, just don't have that urge to sing all the time anymore.....

Time to start the theme rounds or karaoke games to mix things up. Scarioke can, wildcard poker rounds, or trade slip time. Also try and suggest songs that you think someone would be "really good at":yothumbsup:

I find that flattery gets you everywhere. If you can listen to someone's voice and choose something you think they would sound good singing, all you have to do is tell them how good they are and how you know they would be fantastic singing ________________. Works every time. Just make sure you pick something they'll really like or you'll never get them to try another new song every again.

Birdofsong

I am envious. That is the type of signer that, as a "regular", typically helps to make a show. Personally, I have never had a singer like that at any of my shows.

People like that will usually sing a duet with whomever asks. They'll usually entertain requests and
even sing a song they have never sang before ---- at least, that's what I do/have done as a singer who has reached well over 700 different song.

PS: Some stuff I would never do again; some stuff i have and will repeat because I have come to enjoy singing them and NOT because of any aspect of the crowds reaction to my effort - I sing to please me and to see how much i can challenge myself and grow!

"I am envious. That is the type of signer that, as a "regular", typically helps to make a show. Personally, I have never had a singer like that at any of my shows."
Eric...these types of singers can be encouraged by the use of "karaoke games" the sillier the better to pull them "out of the box" our use of theme rounds,the scarioke can, karaoke song poker and ticket switch its help everyone to know karaoke is supposed to be fun. When you get a 60ish female show tune singer up singing paint it black followed by a headbanger singing anything by Abba everyone has to laugh and loosen up. Theme rounds make people sing songs they would normally never even look at. (we always give them 2 picks from the can and then the option to dance the chicken dance instead) ticket switch its where one person chooses a song for another end up showing singers they can sing other songs/styles. Give it a try sometime you might be suprized....we used to only do theese on slow nights but our regulars wanted a least one round a night:tribiggrin:

Even a mystery song contest can bring people out of their shells. I sang songs at a mystery song contest that I would never have sung normally and I am the type to try a new song at every show I go to.

Back