What's new

Smells that Trigger Memories (What's your Trigger?)

psh0615

Don't waste a minute being unhappy. If one window
PF Member
Reaction score
Tangerines-The smell makes me remember "Xmas when i was a kid. We lived in a rural area & that was one of the few times they were available in our town.

Drakaar(Spelled wrong)Men's cologne

I'll just say that smells triggers very nice memories

So what smells trigger good or bad memories for you?

Almond extract and bleach (no, NOT at the same time :giggles: ) remind me of my mother, baking and doing laundry

The smell of a tomato plant's leaves reminds me of my dad, out in his garden

Lavender reminds me of wandering around London

When my dad was dying of cancer, my mom made him alot of fish. Cannot stand the smell nor eat any fish now.

Cigar smoke reminds me of my grandfather. Lilacs my mom.

When my dad was dying of cancer, my mom made him alot of fish. Cannot stand the smell nor eat any fish now.

Cigar smoke reminds me of my grandfather. Lilacs my mom.

Bleach reminds me of my grandmother. She was an OCD cleaner. Used bleach in everything, including washing dishes, mopping, laundry, and disinfecting.

I'm sure there are other things but I can't remember them atm.

M

Freshly peeled apples, reminds me of my mother with multiple 5 gallon pals making every kind of apple dessert you could imagine.
Diesel fuel reminds me of my dad.
wood smoke reminds me of the fun summers spent as a kid.
Pipe smoke reminds me of my uncles smoking thier pipes.

Smell of freshly baked bread. Remind me of my childhood home, the bread factory I walked past on the way to school.
Nutmeg. Reminds me of my late grandmother who used nutmeg oil for every ailments!

One of the infant vitamins in the eyedropper brings back memories of my brother when he was a baby. I get a whiff and bamm, back a zillion years.

The smell of Jade East brings back memories of high school days.

cigar - father
Baby Magic Baby Wash - when my kids were newborns
honeysuckle - my grandmother's house
Skinny Dip cologne - I still have an old bottle and one sniff & I'm back in 8th grade (early 70's- LOL!)

Smells remind me of so much...this is a fun thread

Oh I just remembered one. This is 100% true, no joke.

Carbon paper reminds me of the principles office. :(

M

Oh I just remembered one. This is 100% true, no joke.

Carbon paper reminds me of the principles office. :(

M
You must have spent way too much time there. You've got to be getting on up there, kids nowadays don't even know what carbon paper is. :giggles:

Yeah I'm 33. Funny thing is I like the smell of carbon paper. Always have. Just now it reminds me of those days in the office.

M

Geraniums remind me of my grandmother. She had them all around her front porch, a place she would sit to read and people watch in summer.

The musky scent of tomato plants reminds me of spending summers with my grandfather in his garden.

The scent of Heineken reminds me of many a lovely night in college. Very good times :giggles:

The smell of bleach and disinfectant reminds me of the year my office was in the hospital basement next to surgery and all of the operating rooms, with no windows or fresh air anywhere.

Back