What's new

So I owe my DH an apology..

mrs.melton08

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
I haven't been driving my car since DH got hurt since he can't drive the company car right now.

He did drive my car a few times the end of last month since it was easier for him to start with mine than the van because mine has more leg room.

Last Saturday, I get in my car and the floor is soaking wet and I blame him for leaving the window down. The car stunk the entire time I was in it and I have been hollering at him for a week to go clean the carpet because he left the window down.

So I just happened to go in my car today and when I opened it the entire front driver's side is soaked on the floor (an inch at least os standing water) and the back drivers side is wet and there is the start of mold on the floor.

Good news, it wasn't DH who did it. Bad news...this is going to cost us some money to fix and not to mention the carpet. I hope no real damage has been done to anything and it is a simple fix in someway, the water is coming from under the dash.

At least DH is happy he is not at fault anymore :)

where is it coming from??

Front Window area?

I have no idea. DH is going to look at it, but he knows nothing about fixing just about anything (I always joke my next husband will be able to fix cars and build something)

The hood release, the brake, the gas pedal are all wet and will I feel under the bottom of the dash (under steering wheel) that is also wet.

I have an appointment to drop it off tomorrow. I looked for recalls to see if it is something like that and nothing is showing at all for the year of my car, and when I googled just "water on floor after rain" for the car, most posts were about the sunroof (which it is not obviously) or about when the air conditioner is running (also not it) The 2007 had a sealent issue listed that I think might be the issue, but I have the 2008.

I just hate taking it to the dealer, but with something like this I feel like we probably should deal with the dealer :9:

We had a new car have the same problem....but we found out it was leaking from the a/c near the floor area.

We had a new car have the same problem....but we found out it was leaking from the a/c near the floor area.

did the air conditioner have to run for that to happen. I havent really driven it since February, so the air hasn't even been on this year

You know what? I had the same problem with my first car!

It was a Pontiac Sunbird (I LOVED that car!!) and it kept flooding inside and I had no idea why. It happened first in the winter, and it FROZE so I had a sheet of ice on the floor of my car...where my binder was for school.

Imagine THAT excuse for school! "Sorry but my homework is frozen in my car!"

My dad just drilled holes in the floor of the car so it would drain :lol: and we sold it in the spring.

Yep, heat and air would cause a problem....this was a Nissan, but more water with ac.

You know what? I had the same problem with my first car!

It was a Pontiac Sunbird (I LOVED that car!!) and it kept flooding inside and I had no idea why. It happened first in the winter, and it FROZE so I had a sheet of ice on the floor of my car...where my binder was for school.

Imagine THAT excuse for school! "Sorry but my homework is frozen in my car!"

My dad just drilled holes in the floor of the car so it would drain :lol: and we sold it in the spring.

I had a 99 Pontiac Grand Am. Same problem. The back floor was always wet. Never knew why.

:spit: :lol:

I needed that laugh thanks! But we havent even hit 30K miles so I think we might need to find another route...

We got the majority of the standing water out with old carpet cleaner attachment suction thingy. There is mold and of course the goldfish that the DDs dropped all over the floor were wet and starting to mold. We took the mat out and hung it over the fence and it had to leak out a good 2 cups of water.

I am hoping they will get the water out tommorrow when they fix it, but I am now totally regretting not getting that wet/dry vac on black Friday. We will have to get that and probably spend some time cleaning the carpet.

I had that in my Grand Prix but in the trunk. My husband took it to a local repair shop, some sealants were unsealed which they were able to fix fairly cheaply, would have to ask him for specifics.

Open the hood and check for leaves and debris at the bottom of the windshield area. There are drainage holes in that area, maybe they are blocked.

T, take it to a windowglass place first, they will check it out for you for free. If they find the problem, will cost much less to have them fix it than the dealer.

We had a dodge neon that leaked on the passenger side front, pretty much every time it rained. Dh's sister had a ford and it did the same thing

If it leaked after a rainfall, that would make more sense.

But when there was ZERO precipitation I would find a good inch or so of water in the car.

I feel your pain blaming DH when it wasn't his fault, hope he doesn't hold over your head to long!

Back