What's new

Soda vs. Fruit Juice

W0lverine

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
There are beverages that are almost as bad for you as soda. For example, 100% cranberry or grape juice are deceptively high in sugar and calories. A cup of grape juice contains 36 grams of sugar which is not far off from a can of soda, that is about 44 grams. A typical 16-ounce mug of hot cocoa with whipped cream packs 400 calories and 43 grams of sugar more than a can of cola. A syrupy-sweet iced tea comprises tons of white stuff, basically canceling out the health benefits. Flavored versions of coconut water like pineapple can constitute more than 30 grams of sugar per 16-ounce container. Though an energy drink is not normally high in calories, it can elevate blood pressure and stress levels. An 8-ounce serving can have around 25 grams of sugar. Probiotic yogurt drinks can be a hearty choice because the good bacteria help keep your gut healthy. However, the sweetened variations rely on sugar to decrease yogurt's traditional taste. A small pack may hold 26 grams of sugar with other forms of the sweet stuff such as fructose, fruit puree or juice.

I prefer the fruit juice made in my own home because I am on a diet and I do not drink soda. Besides, we have two kids and we are making fresh juice every morning because is healthy and provides us vitamins and energy!

I would prefer to choose fruit juice rather than soda because in soda you may able to get any kind of things that can harm your health. Unlike of fruit juice , you have a big chance to become healthy because we know that when we speak about fruits there's a lot of good things that can help our body healthy specifically vitamins. That's pretty good in our health.

I chose fruit juice as an alternative for a change and healthy living. The truth is I liked soda more but lately, I feel it kind of affect my body. I started to feel anxiety and sluggish.

You are right, both fruits and soda have sugars in it. But fruit juice contains more vitamins and other benefits compared to soda. You just have to know when is the right time to drink a fruit juice. One good example for it is right after you worked out, since fruit juice have sugar it will help with your insulin spike meaning the sugar in it will not go on your system toxicating it but it will help the process of protein synthesis in your body.

I drink Coca-Cola and Irn-Bru all the time. :p It bad for my teeth, but i love them to much to stop lol. :p I drink juice such as orange, apple, etc. from time to time. :p

i dont often drink sodas but when i do i make sure they soda doesnt have any aspartame or gmo sugars in it, i prefer a good fruit juice or water

Back