Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

datrue_canadian

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Yes...we are talking about cars.

Please vote in the poll.

I like automatic. less thinking involved. Especially with the people that get their drivers licenses in Canada. I can at least focus more on other people than what gear i am in, or when i should change gears, or where my foot is positioned.

I assume you mean manual or automatic?

Manual all the way. Those who took their licence test in an automatic should not be allowed to get behind the wheel of a manual.

I assume you mean manual or automatic?

Manual all the way. Those who took their licence test in an automatic should not be allowed to get behind the wheel of a manual.
we call them standard here :), but yes, manual

And i wouldnt drive a "manual" car without ample practice first...

Standard. I learned to drive a stick and the my truck is a stick... driving an automatic is so boring. Its like driving a big fast lawn mower. A standard keeps me engaged while I drive. Plus its fun using all four of my limbs at once... left foot for clutch, right for gas/brake, one hand on the wheel, and one to shift.

Great fun.

Manual, Automatics are just plain boring.

Standard. I learned to drive a stick and the my truck is a stick... driving an automatic is so boring. Its like driving a big fast lawn mower. A standard keeps me engaged while I drive. Plus its fun using all four of my limbs at once... left foot for clutch, right for gas/brake, one hand on the wheel, and one to shift.

Great fun.

exactly

Manual all the way! Any true lover of cars will not choose automatic.

Automatic = less thinking, potentially safer
Manual = more control, uses up a little less gas

automatic... because i am lazy/american

Ditto! I have driven a stick in the past, but it's just too much work. I've had people tell me that if I drove one enough to really get used to it I would be able to shift and all that without even thinking about it, but I would much rather just put the thing in gear and go.

Manual all the way. Once you've driven a five speed long enough to get used to it, shifting gears at the right times involves about as much thought as blinking your eyes or breathing. When you're being taught how to drive a five speed, you're told to shift at 2000 RPM's or 1500 RPM's or whatever. But once you're very comfortable driving a stick, you can tell when you need to upshift or downshift just by the sound of the engine.

I have never owned an automatic and I'm sure that if I were to get behind the wheel of one I would most likely crash it. The problem is that I'm so used to shifting that I'll accidently step on the brake thinking its a clutch.

I have never owned an automatic and I'm sure that if I were to get behind the wheel of one I would most likely crash it. The problem is that I'm so used to shifting that I'll accidently step on the brake thinking its a clutch.

I actually crashed a company-owned car once in '91, b/c it was the first time I drove an automatic and I did step on both the brake and the gas, then let go of the brake (you know, like letting go of the clutch pedal). :D

Afterwards, I kept my left foot on a foot rest to the far left side near the door to avoid using it, whenever I drove automatic again. ;)

I've driven manual for so long that I was getting bored w/ it, plus I've got a metal sheet in my leg since '02, so driving manual was getting awkward. I've driven only automatic since '04. :)

No stick for me when you live in your vehicle hours a day going from job to job. My van is my office and I want it as comfortable as possible.

I enjoy all. My Wrangler is a 6 speed manual. My truck is an automatic and the wife's Patriot is a CVT.

Back